This morning I realized once again that I'm living in some bizarro baby world bubble - I rolled on out of our apartment building with crying baby in tow, hoping that a bumpy stroller walk would silence the little guy, and as soon as I walked out the door it was incredibly obvious that my flip flops and lack of a jacket were a bit light for today's fall weather. Instead of scoping out my uber-helpful Accuweather app on the ol' iphone, I had just skipped on out assuming sun = warmth. False. It's becoming apparent that I might be managing some of my fantasy teams similarly: essentially forgetting about the world of players outside my teams; I need to expand my horizons a bit. I've been focusing a bit too much on making my own players fit for each week while not really expanding my scope or getting the bigger picture of which guys have potential down the stretch. I feel a little nuts but I'm starting the Falcons D this week to fix a bye situation. They've been surprisingly strong this season when you look at the fantasy stats but somehow that had completely escaped my attention - so I encourage everyone to just take a look at who is sitting out there on your waiver wire just in case that player/team might be a step up from the guys already on your team.
Moving on to today's links:
- The start/sit advice is starting to appear at these fine spots:
- Roto Arcade's Flames: the bell finally tolls for Big Ben (their Lames will be up later in the week)
- FantasyFootballXtreme's Start and Bench Advice: Week 6
- FFToolbox.com's Start 'Em and Sit 'Em
- FantasySharks.com's Start/Bench List
- FootballDocs' Start Sit
- FFManiaxs' Week Six Start/Sit
- Rotoprofessor's Start 'Em or Sit 'Em: Week 6
- Check out NBC's Fantasy Fix video for some thoughts on a plug-in for Rodgers if he can't play and other good pickups for the week.
- Or for other waiver wire ideas, see Matthew Berry's Hot dog! Week 6 pickups!
- Ultimate Fantasy Football Strategy's Understanding Defenses after Week 5 looks at how defenses have done against each of the offensive skill positions plus kickers and Ds. Interesting stuff if you haven't looked at this sort of info in the past.
- The Sports Outlaw's weekly cheatsheet is up for your review - note that they update the cheatsheet until game time.