Oh yeah. Monday Night Football was phenomenal. It helps that the Broncos won, that it wasn't freezing cold, and that our seats were very close to the ESPN MNF crew. At first we were a little bummed to be in the end zone, but when we got to our seats and saw that we were merely feet away from dudes like Steve Young, Michael Wilbon, Stuart Scott and Emmitt Smith, our seats seemed pretty awesome. Yes, I'm wowed by fame. On a slightly different note, I will say I was intrigued by the halftime show - not sure that any other city would've embraced dog relay racing (actually known as Flyball) during the half time show the way Denver did. Fans around me were calling for the dog Mad Max to win the relay with almost more vigor than they were cheering on Cutler. There is no happier place in the world for a dog than the state of Colorado. Seriously, when I moved here 4.5 years ago the two things I immediately realized were: 1) everyone has a dog and 2) everyone has a Subaru.
Anyway, I'll try and get some photos from MNF up on the blog later today or tomorrow.
Let's get to the waiver wire juice here, friends. Remember, it's a short week, so get your lineups set early.
- FF Geek Blog's Waiver Wire Pickups, Keeper Sleepers and Spot Starts: Week 12 - they point out that Andre Hall might be a nice pickup in a lot of leagues. The crowd was certainly excited by his performance at Mile High last night and Hall even sort of saw it coming...
- Rotoworld's Waiver Wired: A Giant Mess - I really like the way this guy spells out what kind of fantasy recommendation he has for each player. Great for those of us without hours to do FF research.
- NFL.com's Risers & Fallers: T.O., Schaub headline risers - I grabbed Schaub in a league where my QBs ere hurting and am pretty pleased with that acquisition. Read on for others you might want to get your hands on before your playoffs fate is sealed.
- The Hazean's Grab Bag: Week 12 includes Heath Evans now that Sammy Morris and Kevin Faulk are both injured - and oh wait, yes Maroney is injured again, too. As a Maroney owner, I certainly hope this foot injury is short lived.
- NFLFreaks' Hot Waiver Wire Picks - anyone want to take a chance on Duckett?
- Sports Outlaw's Weekly Waiver Wire Moves: Week 12 - includes individual defensive players.
- FanNation's Wire Tap thinks Devard Darling is the next WR you may want to target.
- Check back with FFToolbox later in the week for their Pickups of the Week.
- This one isn't waiver wire advice, but try ProFootballWeekly.com's Week 12 fantasy matchups to exploit or avoid for some solid week 12 advice.
tags: fantasy football, nfl, football, fantasy football waiver wire, fantasy football sleepers