Somehow, I acquired Adrian Peterson (CHI) off the waiver wire last night. I am ranked #2 in this league and thus had the 11th ranking for waiver transactions. Since I had Benson in that league, I put in the request for AP2 and I ended up getting him. Droughns and Cobbs went off the wire first - does anyone else find that odd? Are expectations that low for AP2? Granted, I'm not sure I'll be starting him anytime soon since I've got a little depth at RB, but I can't believe someone actually wanted Cobbs before Peterson. It's a strange fantasy world out there.
So there are of course more waiver wire articles to read this fine morning if you find yourself still in need of grabbing a free agent:
- CBS Sports' Playing through the Wire: Fantasy epidemic - an important note is somewhat buried in here - Selvin Young is expected to play this week. He's questionable right now but keep an eye on his status. Another interesting tidbit from the Denver Post: the Raiders haven't scored in 10 of their last 14 quarters when hosting Denver.
- NFL's Fabiano: Enjoy Tom Brady's success while it lasts - why Brady is likely to be a massive disappointment next year (my husband is thrilled at that thought) but also a wavier wire focus that includes Isaac Bruce, Justin Gage and my boy Scheffler.
- 411 Fantasy Football's Week 13 Waivers - need a kicker? How about Scobee, a man with not only a great leg but a great last name, too.
- Pigskin Addiction's Waiver Wire Gems - is Anthony Gonzalez still a free agent in your league? Definitely a guy worth considering...
- FF Today's Through the Wire: Week 13 - personally I am very interested in what kind of numbers and action Javon Walker sees this weekend.
- Fox Sports' Waiver watch: Claim Branch, Engram - some love for the Seattle receivers.
- Coach Box's Start/Bench Recommendations for Week 13
- FF Toolbox's Week 13: Start 'em
- FF Xtreme's Fantasy Football Start and Bench Advice: Week 13
- FF Geek Blog's Studs and Duds: Week 13
- ProFootballWeekly's Week 13 fantasy matchups to exploit or avoid
- Pigskin Addiction's Start/Bench - Week 13
tags: fantasy football, nfl, football, fantasy football waiver wire, fantasy football sleepers, fantasy football start or sit