This is one of those days that just hasn't started well for me at all. A good chunk of my frustrations are thanks to my butter fingers that dropped my beloved iPhone on the sidewalk as I hurried for the bus this morning...while the phone still works just fine there's a large spiderweb over about 1/4 of the screen. Not cool at all. Let this be a lesson to those of you running around without a case on your iPhone - don't be caseless like me. I'm not sure the case would've made a big difference for me but it sure couldn't have hurt. Anyway, I'm in a bit of a funk but will try and crank out some quality football links here:
- Gotta love a mock draft coming from someone so clearly passionate about fantasy football - I may have found someone who is more excited about the 2009 season than I am...check out RotoExperts' Fantasy Football, Crazy Talk, Mocking in Fantasy Land for a mock first round of the NFL draft.
- What's the deal with the Matt Hasselbeck's back and will the Seahawks attempt to get another QB on board during the draft? Take a look at CBS Sports' As Seahawks mull QB in draft, Hasselbeck vows he's healthy. I particularly like that Hasselbeck talks about being a Sunday NFL Draft man, watching on the 2nd day for the deeper picks.
- I can't help but link to a Broncos article - see the Fifth Down's thoughts on what Denver will do with their first-round draft picks in Broncos, 2009 Draft Countdown, 18th and 12th picks.
- Rotoworld led me to the NFL Draft Machine, which let's be honest here, has got to be fantasy football's latest and greatest way of sucking all the time out of your perhaps otherwise productive work day. I love it. I have only played with it for a few minutes but if you've got some spare time, play around with the Draft Machine and see what kind of mocking you can come up with.
- Last year at this time I was a Laurent Robinson believer thanks to my brother-in-law's reports of the growing hype about him in Atlanta, so I enjoyed Rotoworld's Laurent Robinson gets a second chance post with some reasons to maybe give the guy a little late-round love now that he's moved to St. Louis.
- FantasySharks' First QB Rankings - 11-20 are up for your perusal. Enjoy the 2008 recap and 2009 outlook for these more low-end fantasy starters and backup QBs.