Hello football fans! So how did you enjoy the draft?! Is everyone happy with the direction your teams went in? I'll be honest, when I saw the Broncos grab Knowshon Moreno in the first round my first thought was, "you have got to be kidding me, an RB of all things??? How many of those can we collect in one offseason?" But hey, no better way to get a new QB comfortable than with a strong running game, right? And could drafting Moreno be a turning of the tides here in Denver? Could the Shanahanigans with the revolving runners be coming to an end?
Oh I love all of the evaluation and dissection of the draft. It just makes me giddy. So you can imagine that I'm a bit like a kid on Christmas morning here with just SO much analysis to pore through. If you've found some gems that I've overlooked, please post a link in the comments section or send me an e-mail.
- Fifth Down's 2009 Draft Recap: Most Questionable Moves - it should be no surprise to anyone to see the Raiders listed here. It wouldn't be a real draft without some sort of questionable hijinx from the Raiders, right? Also take a look at their 2009 Draft Recap: Most Aggressive Teams.
- I admit it, I was one of those nerds that actually looked forward to receiving my report card so I'm digging Pete Prisco's grading of each team's draft. Sure, sure, it takes some time before the real grades can be given but if you're looking for some immediate draft reactions, definitely give this quick-reading article a look.
- One of the reasons that Prisco gave the Eagles an A+ draft grade in the above-mentioned article is thanks to TE Cornelius Ingram - but I'm seeing rumors that the Eagles are interested in acquiring my favorite Broncos player, Tony Scheffler, if Ingram's knee doesn't hold up in minicamps. Um, that would give the Eagles an A+++ for offseason moves in my book and I would be very sad to see Scheff go...
- More draft grades from Rotoworld - scope out the AFC and NFC grades. As noted, the grades aren't as geared towards the fantasy impact but there is indeed plenty of time for that. If you can't wait at all though, see Second Day Fantasy Impact from Pancake Blocks.
- CBS Sports' Clark Judge has a handful of interesting rankings and such in Draft Judgments: Sanchez makes splash on Broadway, but will he be a hit?
- Let the rookie rankings begin - those of you in dynasty leagues are probably trying to figure out which newbie is going to bring in the big fantasy points. See No Offseason's Who is Number One Now? for thoughts on which rookie might be the best dynasty pick. Or Rotoworld's NFL Draft: Dynasty Fallout.