One of my coworkers (yes, there are other librarians that pay attention to fantasy sports, though we are a rather rare breed) showed me a site called Basketball Monster that he uses for his fantasy basketball league. If you take a look at the Player Rankings page, you'll see just a mass of different player statistics that you can use to adjust your customized player rankings. Or you can see which players are hot right now - or mosey on over to Baseball Monster for the same sort of number-crunching fun with baseball. This begs the question: where's the Football Monster?
Read on for more links on this Tuesday afternoon:
- Check out my Team Needs: NFC South & West article for Rotoworld - agree or disagree with me? I'd love to hear about it.
- My husband was an athlete at a small, liberal arts school and always has some love in his heart for the diamond in the rough from small schools - if you find yourself in the same camp, take a look at Fantasyfootball.com's Small School Studs part 1 and part 2 for some insight on those hidden draft gems.
- If you've been looking for a mock draft that includes draft-day trades, then look no further than the FFManiaxs' mock which includes moves like sending Braylon Edwards to the Chargers...not sure I see that as the most likely place for Edwards, but hey, it's a wide open playing field out there.
- The Bruno Boys are making some conjectures for the 2009 season in 2009 NFL Bold Predictions, some of which might surprise you...
- Finally, I just really don't know what to say about this snuggie competitor of sorts. I mean really? Really??