Supposedly there will be 10 to 22 inches of snow on the ground by the end of the day on Saturday here in Boulder. I don't buy it - there's been a slushy snow-rain coming down all morning so some sort of unbelievable precipitation dump will need to happen tonight when it gets colder. Plus, 10 to 22 inches; could that be a wider range?! Sorry for the weather tangent - let's get back to football.
- Rotoworld concludes their Team Needs series with a look at the NFC East and North. Taking a look at what various teams need to be a contender in 2009 (or just to avoid an 0-16 season) has really reminded me that football season is not that far off. Excellent.
- Football Jabber takes a look at some of the changes on the NFL Draft scene with thoughts on how the draft might evolve next weekend.
- Advanced NFL Stats looks at defensive backs drafted between 1980 and 2001 and considers whether or not top draft picks outperform those DBs taken in later rounds in Drafting Defensive Backs. Love this kind of historical analysis.
- Being totally into fantasy football and also a wife, you can see why I couldn't help but click on the Bruno Boys' My Wife and Fantasy Football, Good Idea? article (and was then amused to see myself mentioned in the article as the token female FFer; always happy to play that role) - I think the number of women playing fantasy football has grown significantly over the past 2-3 years thanks in large part to the explosion of significant other/mom leagues as noted here.
- The Texans are a team that provide fairly consistent fantasy stats across multiple positions for us fantasy footballers - the trifecta of Matt Schaub, Andre Johnson and Steve Slaton is just such a tantalizing prospect as we look ahead to the 2009 season. See what The Sports Outlaw has to say in Houston Texans Off Season Thoughts and the types of team needs they might fill come draft day.