Well I made it to the playoffs in five leagues but am now only moving forward in one of those leagues, The Hazean's Blogger league, which doesn't even end until Week 17. So here's hoping I make it into at least one championship game this year. Meanwhile, my husband beat me in two leagues with a solid McNabb performance and is going to the championship game in all three leagues he plays in - while I find that a bit irritating and would rather that I be the one in 3 championship games, I do take some pride in this since he's been the recipient of a LOT of my fantasy football advice...probably more than one individual should ever receive.
There are a lot of you out there that deserve a hearty pat on the back for making it to the championship game, including but not limited to some loyal readers and friends like Ryan, Matt, Chris, JP and Maureen. Well done!
As the fantasy season ends for many of us I wanted to remind you all that I really don't stop blogging as the season ends - I'm a year-round blogger, baby! So here's a quick list of the things that I will be blogging about well into 2009 in case you needed a reason to keep checking the blog:
- fantasy playoffs advice through Week 17
- NFL playoffs fantasy challenges - great way to wean yourself off of FF
- 2008 season reviews
- thoughts for 2009 and advice for keeper leagues
- college bowl game talk- which rookie will be the next big thing?
- NFL playoffs and Super Bowl info
- And of course my analysis of FF experts' rankings, which should be available some time in late January/early February
- KFFL has Sleepers and Busts up for Week 16 - though I must say I hope they're very, very wrong about Aaron Rodgers' chances against the Bears on a cold, windy night in Chicago.
- The Hazean's Buy or sell: Nine former "who?!" players poised for fantasy greatness. Not sure I'm buying into the greatness of Cedric Benson, but I love the John Carlson call - he'll be a hot pickup in leagues next year for sure.
- For waiver wire advice for this final week of many playoffs, I have a few options options (with more to come later in the week, I'm sure):
- Hatty Waiver Wire Guru's Waiver Wire video
- NFL.com's Fantasy: waiver wire video
- CBS' Sportsline's Waiver Wire: Kicking the tires on kickers - with specific help on kickers and D/STs that you might want to snag for the next week or two.
- FFManiaxs have their Week 16 start/sit list up already - scope it out for advice on your championship starters!
- Finally, for those who have been reading along with me all season, you might be well aware that I love o-line advice. My favorite o-line expert is John Tuvey from The Huddle but since his awesome content is often behind a bit of a pay wall, here's another o-line option that should satisfy you o-line lovers a bit - NFL.com's Falcons o-line will be tested vs. Vikings' high-powered defense.
- If you need some rankings or projections for this coming week, I advise turning towards AccuScore's NFL Forecasted Player Rankings - make sure you select Week 16 to get the results from the simulator for this weekend's games. Also, for those who play other fantasy sports, AccuScore is a great site to turn to for advice in other sporting realms.