Earlier this year we ponied up for the NFL Network assuming that paying a little extra a month on our cable bill might equal out the cost of dinner and drinks every Thursday night as the Thursday Night Football games got rolling. I imagine many of you might not have gone this route so I'd be interested in knowing how many of you will be going out to a bar or restaurant to track your fantasy stats live now that the playoffs are here - or will you be way more laid-back than I am and just check in on your stats on Friday morning? Or something in between?
We've got lots of start & sit advice out and available - note that some of the links are specific to tonight's game between Chicago and New Orleans while others are applicable to the whole slate of games this weekend:
- Mac Bros' Thursday Night Fantasy Recommendations
- RotoExperts' Start and Sit: Week Fifteen - I like the love for Thigpen here and as I noted in my weekly column for the Bruno Boys, Finding the Week 15 Gem, I think it'll be Tony Gonzalez that really benefits from a great matchup with the Chargers.
- FFToolbox's Week 15: Start 'Em
- The Hazean's Start & Sit: Thursday Night Football
- Ultimate FF Strategy's Week 15 Start or Sit Projections
- CBS Sportsline's Week 15 Start 'em and Sit 'em - more love for Thiggy.
- ProFantasySports.com's Week 15 Start 'em/Bench 'em Report
- The FF Maniaxs have some Week 15 Dark Horses, though I'm not sure that Deion Branch can really considered a dark horse after his "hey, remember me?" 2 TD week against the Patriots.
- Hatty Waiver Wire Guru's Playoff Run Week 15 - good stuff from Hatty again with a slightly different set-up than he's been working lately with more of a focus on sleepers.
- NFL.com's IDP Focus: Jets' Harris finally healthy and again an IDP stud - IDPers, I've been slacking on getting articles and links up for you. I swear every week I vow to do a better job, but seriously, I'll try and close out the season with IDP love during the playoffs.
- Along that same vein, some sleeper picks from The Hazean's Sleeper watch, which has been rather accurate with sleeper calls so far this season.
- Finally, it has been awhile since I've talked about the awesomeness of FFToday's Gut Check but this week's article is particularly appealing to me for a few reasons: 1. Writer Matt Waldman basically does his own accuracy analysis of FFToday's preseason rankings and you've gotta love a site that analyzes and grades itself and 2. I learned here that Waldman's clearly intelligent brother went to the University of Colorado, where I'm a librarian, so Go Buffs.