Before I get into today's post I just wanted to extend my thanks to you all for being patient with me while I took some time off - and for all of the kind e-mails and comments that you all sent my way about my grandpa. He was an incredible man, a real contributor to his community, and probably the reason that I love football. And ice cream.
But now I am in Las Vegas after a whirlwind week of flying between New York, Michigan, and now Nevada. I'm here for the Fantasy Sports Trade Association conference which begins tomorrow morning. I met a lot of awesome folks in the industry here last year so I'm really looking forward to seeing them - and some new faces! - over the next few days. I'll also be presenting the annual accuracy award that looks at the most accurate preseason rankings for 2009 - the results will be posted on the Fifth Down on Thursday and I will likely blog a lot more about it in the weeks to come here on FFLibrarian.
But there have been lots of quality articles over the past several days so I thought I'd get a few links up this afternoon - and hopefully I'll have time to get a post up tomorrow as well.
- First up, let's take a look back at yesterday's games with the Bruno Boys' Championship Risers & Fallers. Or read this week's MMQB where you'll learn among far more football-relevant things that Favre gave his daughter the unfortunate name of Breleigh (sorry, I'm many years behind on my Favre trivia clearly). Is that some sort of Brett + Leigh = Breleigh? Not digging it, but hey, to each their own.
- Meanwhile one of the only sites with Super Bowl projections up already? Fantasy Depth Chart - check out their Player Rankings.
- And now a turn to the 2010 season...the FFManiaxs have been busy pulling together their dynasty positional rankings - take a look at their RB and WR rankings.
- For more dynasty rankings, see what one of my favorite sites, Rotoworld, has to say in Dynasty Ranks: Wide Receivers.
- Or take a look at No-Offseason.com's Top 100 Player Rankings.
- Over the past few weeks we've heard of several coaching changes - Athlon/Grogan Sports' Finger on the Pulse: NFL Coaching Carousel has a nice look at what these new coaching scenarios might mean for fantasy football in 2010.
- Plus with the next crop of rookies preparing to show their wares, let's scope out some NFL Draft linkage: