Wow, I was not expecting some of the outcomes that we saw from this weekend's Wild Card games. The Jets win is basically the only one that didn't surprise me - I have no clue how things could look so ugly in New England, the Cowboys are more impressive than I gave them credit for, and seriously, no more Aaron Rodgers?! It only seemed fitting that Rodgers and the Packers would keep rolling and make it to the Super Bowl since Rodgers is much of the reason that I won my Buffalo Wild Wings league and will be at the SB in a few weeks. Seemed like some Super Bowl kismet to me...
In the next day or two we should have the results from the first week of the FFLibrarian Playoff Challenge to see which of the 150 participants is in the lead. I can already promise you all that it is not me! If you already have a team set up with NFL.com for the playoffs, I think you can still join our challenge for your chance to win a $25 gift card to Amazon, courtesy of the generous Bruno Boys.
Let's dive into today's handful of links:
- If by chance you missed any of the games this weekend or you just want some insight/recaps, I've got several good options for you:
- First up, Football Outsiders' Audibles at the Line always includes some nuggets of football wisdom that I haven't noticed or thought of yet. Great stuff.
- Razzball's First Round Knockouts has a nice review of some of the key fantasy players from this weekend.
- Fantasyfanplay.com's Instant Replay offers up the best and worst players from each matchup.
- Meanwhile in case you missed it, Carson Palmer is set to have surgery on his thumb later this week - FFToolbox has him set as a QB2 for the 2010 season.
- Lots of 2010 info out there:
- FFXtreme has Running Back Projections for the 2010 Season up - both PPR and non-PPR.
- Last week I linked to CBSSports.com's mock draft for 2010 as it was just starting up - they're now well into the draft with round 8 so go scope out some of the picks.
- Good news for those in IDP leagues - FFManiaxs have posted their Dynasty Rankings: Top 40 Defensive Linemen article.
- If you're gearing up for some details on the NFL Draft class of 2010, Football Jabber has a nice look at the Top 10 NFL Draft Eligible Running Backs. It's never too early to scope out the rookies!