Happy Friday! I hope you all enjoyed the National Championship game last night - like many of you I'm sure, I definitely thought Texas had a shot as they started to make things more interesting in the 4th quarter. Though all I could think about for awhile there was how impressive Texas' backup QB was and how I couldn't even imagine my Northwestern Wildcats maintaining so much talent on the bench. Man, playing the game at different levels for sure.
Anyway, back to the NFL. It's been a few days since I've mentioned how psyched I am to be going to the Super Bowl courtesy of Buffalo Wild Wings, so I thought I'd bring it up again lest you all think I've become blase about such a gigantic coup. Trust me, within about an hour or so of waking up every morning, I gleefully think to myself, "I'm going to the Super Bowl!" But time now for today's links...
- Plenty of rankings still being cranked out in FF land:
- My article this week for the Bruno Boys provides some data to help you make your playoffs lineup decisions for RBs, WRs, and QBs. Take a look at opposing defense rankings and average fantasy points/game for all of this weekend's players.
- I'm also seeing lots of interesting write-ups about the rushing and receiving matchups in this weekend's games:
- FFToday.com provides solid commentary on the running and receiving games in Inside the Matchup: Wildcard Weekend.
- Razzball takes a crack at this as well in Wild Air Offense and Greatest Ground Game Preview on the Interweb.
- More matchup thoughts from Football Outsiders' Mike Tanier on the Fifth Down - love reading anything that Tanier writes. Definitely top reads of the week as always: Saturday's NFL Wild-card Matchups and Sunday's NFL Wild-card Matchups.
- Looking for thoughts on the 2010 season? SI's Fantasy Clicks Year-End Spectacular is full of early rankings for next year with commentary plus sleeper and bust thoughts.
- Finally, a few start/sit links for this weekend's games: