The countdown is on - in T minus 6 I'll be in Ft. Lauderdale or Miami or wherever all the Super Bowl festivities are occurring. I'm wondering just how early I can arrive at the game on Sunday - is it inappropriate to show up 12 hours early? Perhaps. Once again I want to be sure to extend an invitation to all of you in South Florida to swing by the Miami Buffalo Wild Wings for the party I'll be co-hosting with Trey Wingo on Friday, Feb 5th. E-mail me if you want more details.
With all the chaos of the FSTA conference I forgot to note the leaders in the FFLibrarian Playoff Challenge - our top 5 players at this time are:
1. People of Walmart (428 points)
2. Titleist432 and ColdOne (tied at 404 points)
4. pink fury (403 points)
5. Planet 10 and MIAMI64 (tied at 402 points)
Onto today's links:
- First up, let's pretend that the Pro Bowl matters - Lester's Legends is keeping us all entertained with his Fantasy Football Out on a Limb 2009, Pro Bowl Edition article.
- Razzball.com has some Super Bowl rankings up in case you're in need of some assistance in getting your lineup set before next weekend's game.
- If you have no interest in any Super Bowl anecdotes though, no problem. Sporting News has us covered with 10-Pack: Non-Super Bowl Super Bowl week storylines.
- A few articles on what might happen to the Cardinals in 2010 without Warner:
- I think you all know how much I like an article that evaluates trends and statistics in the fantasy football world, so of course Rotoworld's Catching the new trend is right up my alley - check it out to read up on the trends of elite receivers since 2001.
- Wes Welker's knee surgery is finally coming next Tuesday. See Rotoworld's article linked above to read why Brady will miss Welker despite Edelman's excellent mimicry.
- Finally, CBSSports.com has a nice look at Who might bounce back in 2010 with a look at guys like Chris Cooley, Matt Forte (can I trust again??), and Eddie Royal.