Greetings, fantasy football fans and welcome to the 2011 Average Rankings Position Spreadsheet. Last night I trolled around the web and gathered top 100 overall rankings from 10 sites and have averaged them together into a handy dandy spreadsheet for you. The rankings come from: ESPN, CBSSports.com, NFL.com, SI, FFToolbox.com, Yahoo!, KFFL, FFCalculator (ADP), FOX Sports, and Ask the Commish. I will update these rankings at the end of August for those of you who draft closer to the start of the season.
A few things to note before we get to the spreadsheet itself:
- This is just an average of Top 100 players across all positions. I'll try and update the spreadsheet this weekend to reflect the ranking within position as well, so look for that update in the Google Docs version of the spreadsheet in the next few days.
- I tried to ensure that the experts all used the same scoring system (non-PPR) but many sites didn't note their scoring system at all.
- I pulled all of these rankings within the span of an hour or two on Tuesday, August 9th so that they represent rankings from the same time period/news/injury updates, etc.
- I've included the standard deviation of each player's ranking so that you can get an idea of how much consensus there was on a player's ranking across the 10 experts. So the lower the standard deviation, the more of a consensus there is on the ranking for that player. In some cases where just one site submitted a ranking for that player, you of course won't see a standard deviation at all. I added the standard deviation to the average ranking position to create one number to represent both a player's ranking and the level of agreement on that ranking. I find this pretty interesting in and of itself, but it could be particularly useful for players that are a bit deeper in the Top 100.
- I've included the rankings from these 10 sites (11 different rankings though since CBS offers one from each of their 2 experts) as separate tabs in case you just want to look at the data from each site - or want to do your own analysis. The names are about 99% cleaned up here in this version with a few errant misspellings from FOX. Sorry to call you out, FOX, but seriously, shouldn't you know how to spell Dwayne Bowe by now?