For the past several years I've been running a Monster FFLibrarian League with readers competing against each other in a 6-conference, 72-team league. I've had several questions about whether or not that will be happening again this year and yes, my monster league-lovers, it will. Later today I will send out an e-mail to all of last year's participants to see if you're interested in playing again. You will have until Friday night to let me know if you'd like to play again this year and on Saturday I will open the league up to any newcomers. As with last year, 1 of the 6 conferences will be done in e-mail style (the rest will be live online drafts), hopefully starting next Monday, August 15th. I will also be asking for 6 conference leaders again - if you played in the league last year and are willing to be a conference leader to help with the draft and any questions that come up during the season, please e-mail me ASAP. Without conference leaders I won't be able to run the league since I rely on you guys for much team/owner wrangling, so thanks in advance!
If you want to play in the monster league but haven't before, just stay tuned for more info at the end of the week about getting on the waiting list.
Today we're chock full of quality links including a hefty amount of info on sleepers and busts. Lots of good stuff so let's have at it.
- First up, a great (though lengthy) article from FantasyGuru.com's Jeff Brazil up on Yahoo, talking about draft strategy while taking into context how to interpret preseason rankings and incorporate (or not!) mispriced players. Great read, highly recommend it.
- Sleepers, busts, value picks:
- Bruno Boys' 2011 Fantasy Football Sleepers & Undervalued: Quarterbacks
- ProFootballFocus.com's Draft Steals & White Elephants
- Perhaps some breakout/sleeper contenders for you? Try FFToday.com's Breakout Receivers for 5 names you'll want to keep an eye on come draft day.
- FootballDocs offer up two potential busts (and their reasoning) in 2011 Fantasy Football Busts
- 4for4.com's Value WRs - get a sampling here, though the full article requires a subscription
- More guys to target at the right value in FFToolbox.com's Mid-draft targets
- Fantasy Phenoms' rankings have a nice get-it-all-here touch in the way they've incorporated standard rankings, PPR rankings, and 6pt/TD for QB rankings all in one place. You can cruise around the tabs for the different positions or just see their overall projections here.
- Rotoworld utilizes an injury expert to determine just how concerned we should be about the injuries to MJD, Marques Colston, and Antonio Gates - and if they're worth their current ADP - in How risky is Jones-Drew?
- The 2QB league analysis continues - scope out Athlon Sports' 2-Quarterback League Mock Draft, which goes 16 rounds deep.