There is something alive in our fireplace. We've had a big moving box pressed up against the fireplace ever since we moved in a few weeks ago and discovered that one of our cats could easily jump up in the fireplace and half-disappear. So we've got the moving box all set up as a classy but effective baby and cat gate...and apparently a critter gate now, too, since there's been something fluttering or scratching around in there for a few hours. Being the uber girly girl that I am when it comes to bugs, vermin, or anything else that could appear in our fireplace, I have left whatever is in there to just stay there until my backup (my husband) comes home. Fingers crossed that the possible racket that's about to ensue as we unveil the fireplace critter won't wake our sleeping baby (nothing is more precious in our household than a sleeping baby...except maybe a critter-free fireplace).
So that's the kind of fun taking place at the FFLibrarian household tonight. Hope you all are enjoying your evenings and those of you who felt the east coast earthquake are all enjoying sharing your stories (and are of course safe and sound). Here are some links to keep you entertained and informed:
- First up a couple of articles that investigate players who are on the rise/fall after the preseason week 2 games:
- Rotoworld's Down with ADP, which looks at the current ADP and value for QBs and RBs in particular
- Fifth Down's Preseason Week 2, Ups and Downs
- ProFootballWeekly.com offers up a look at where rookies should be drafted - Rookie update: Where the first-year wide receivers stand and Where the first-year running backs stand.
- The convincing news that the new, more youthful Dallas o-line is gelling had me thinking big things for Felix Jones - looks like I'm not the only one. Read on to see why Roto Arcade is all about Jones in No playin', Felix Jones could lead your team to title.
- Want a deep sleeper at WR? Try on Dezmon Briscoe for size and to see why read KFFL.com's Fantasy football wide receivers yielding in Year 2: Dezmon Briscoe (for Nick's take on why Golden Tate is worth a look, too, head here)
- For those who have been following along or sending in submissions to Razzball and Fan Duel's FF writing contest, be sure to check out Razzball.com's The Next Great Fantasy Football Writer: Round 3 Winner.
- Auction drafters will want to swing by The Fantasy Shrink's Step by step through another fantasy auction.
- FootballOutsiders' Wisdom of the Crowds series continues, this time with WRs and this is merely part I. The most valuable take home for fantasy folks might be the player synopsis written up by FO guys.