Wow...neither of yesterday's playoff games had the outcome I was anticipating. I mean, the Colts didn't win?! Granted, I live with a massive Colts fan (who is now rather sullen over the state of the football season), but I just didn't really see that one coming. My husband called the Giants win (though that might be because of his love for all things Manning) and I'm sure the NY Post was thrilled to see their Fake Jessica have some success, but again...I didn't see that one coming. The FF Goat did though - nice work on that Giants pick, Goat. So my congrats to this weekend's winners and my condolences to the losers.
Onto some other thoughts out there:
- The Hazean's Second-round playoff afterthoughts - an array of thoughts mostly centered on how this weekend's games might affect the 2008 fantasy status of various players. I also am really glad to see Michael point out the same question I had last night: why throw to Terry Glenn on 4th down as your last chance at winning the game? Flummoxing, really. I mean I realize that TO was double covered, but still...why Glenn?
- If you missed any of the games, check out Football Outsiders' Audibles at the Line: NFC Divisional Games and Audibles at the Line: AFC Divisional Games. Interesting stuff in there that's worth the read if you have some time on your hands at work. Or whatever.
- SI's Championship lookahead: Perfect Pats, Packers hosting conference title games for some early thoughts on next weekend's games.
- For those already dealing 2008 fantasy decisions, check out the NFL.com's Fabiano's Fantasy mailbag: Smith should rebound in 2008 OR his continuation of Fantasy Keepers with the TEs. Oh Scheffler, rising in the TE ranks!
- More 2008 thoughts - Fanball's State of the Quarterbacks
tags: fantasy football, nfl, football, playoff fantasy football, fantasy football 2008