Yes, it's true football fans - we're looking at our first weekend without football since last summer. It was 4 degrees this morning when I walked out the door so summer seems like so, so long ago. It's just a tough time and we might all stunningly acquire new hobbies, skills, and interests. Or just keep checking fantasy sites religiously for new information that could possibly make us better drafters in 7 months. And if more information is what you want, then that is what you will get.
So first, let's delve into some of the many SB articles that are cropping up.
- NFL.com's Expect a pressure-packed Super Bowl from Giants, Patriots includes the interesting little nugget that Brady "throws a touchdown for every 17 pressure calls and a completion of 20 yards or more for every nine blitz calls, so the Giants will be taking a significant risk when they opt to go after Brady." Meanwhile, "Manning was sacked during the season once every 10 pressure calls. He also threw a touchdown once every 14 pressure calls."
- Tom Brady, while visibly limping, appears to now be bootless (I just heard a collective sigh of relief from the Boston area). Yes, there is a video in case you need documentation - or if you're my sister who enjoys any sort of Brady visual. I'd like to note that this article on Brady's limp on The Fifth Down has already elicited more than 150 comments. Wow, gotta love the passion out there.
- Dr. Z predicts a Giants upset over the Pats
- Marion Barber-philes will enjoy this Pro Football Reference Blog summation of Barber's career and how he compares historically with other RBs...and then what that might say about where his career is headed next. The prediction here is that he will be on the "short list of running backs at the very top of fantasy draft boards" in 2008. Read on for the details.
- NFL Draft Day is really not that far off, friends. Shouldn't you be paying attention to the Senior Bowl? Catch up with SI's Senior Bowl Risers and Sliders or Rotoworld's Live from Mobile: Day Two.
tags: fantasy football, nfl, football, playoff fantasy football, fantasy football 2008