This week the Super Bowl madness begins. I think right now we're probably all jealous of those who are already in Glendale or are en route to Glendale. I know I'd probably sacrifice something ridiculously crucial like my right hand to have the chance to experience Super Bowl week. Okay, maybe my left hand. But let's dive into some football links here...
- As if anyone actually thought that Brady wouldn't play in the Super Bowl - he has confirmed that he will be good to go on Sunday.
- Gregg Rosenthal recognizes how great his job is and will be blogging all week long from Arizona about his various Super Bowl week highlights.
- I think we're hosting a Super Bowl party this year - usually our friends who just had twins host the party, and so by default we're stepping up and being hosts. So here's my big question - what kind of Super Bowl party food do you serve to a room full of vegetarians?? Remember, we live in Boulder, Colorado, where an outrageous number of people have shunned meat and so I'm expecting about 1/2 to 2/3 of our party will be going veg. Beer will of course be available but in the interest of providing our revelers with a way to fill their stomachs with more than just alcohol, I'm eager for some vegetarian-friendly Super Bowl food suggestions. So bring em. And for those of you unlimited by veg constraints, check out Cold, Hard Football Facts' Gameday Favorites.
- London will once again be graced by the NFL - the Saints and Chargers will be playing at Wembley Stadium on October 26.
- FFXtreme is turning into one of my go-to websites for fantasy info - loving it. So check out their Trends: Third-Year Breakout WRs for 2008.
- Speaking of my favorite sites, try Fantasy Insider Online's 2008 NFL Draft: The Top 100. I really like the star grading system going on here.
- Wondering what kind of magic those who left school early can bring to the NFL 2008 Draft? Read up on them in Rotoworld's Underclassmen Report.
- Want to get in on some mock draft action? How about The Hazean's Second Annual NFL mock draft, which will be posting the week of the NFL draft (April). Pick your favorite NFL team (if available) and join in on the fun.
In other news, I'm really excited to report that I am actually incorporating fantasy football into my real job as a librarian. Another librarian and I will be presenting at two library conferences this spring on how fantasy football research skills can be translated into general library/academic research skills. One of the conferences is in Las Vegas of all places, which is just highly amusing, no?
tags: fantasy football, nfl, football, 2008 super bowl, fantasy football 2008