I think every single holiday season I vow to live closer to the rest of my family so that I don't have to put up with the hassle of flying back home. This year was no different. Granted this year I did actually make it home on the correct day as opposed to the big Denver snow of 2006, which kept us in Colorado for an extra three days. But still - when we boarded a plane for Houston (not even our final destination of D.C.) and the pilot came on to tell us that there may be a 5-hour wait during which he'd prefer that we stay in our seats, it didn't really sit well with me (ha! little bit of a pun intended there). We finally made it to Houston (only a 2-hour wait) to find our next leg of the trip delayed as well for missing pilots and inoperable bathrooms. But hey, we're back in good ol' Arlington, Virginia, and even caught the last few minutes of overtime between the Panthers and Giants last night. What a game - wish I had seen more!
Though I must admit that I am glad that I was stuck on a plane and unable to pour over my lame fantasy stats - I need Aaron Rodgers and Mason Crosby to put up about 60 points tonight to keep me alive. Not gonna happen, right? I hope the rest of you have had a lot more success and are getting ready to celebrate championships!
Anyway, posts for the rest of the week might be a little light - I'll still try to get one up every day but it might be a little bit harder with plans to see family and friends while back home. And of course to consume as much hummus from the Lebanese Taverna as possible (DCers, do yourselves a favor and get yourself to the Lebanese Taverna for the best hummus that exists - you won't regret it).
Moving on to football posts - keep in mind that most of these will be geared towards those of us whose leagues go through Week 17:
- Many of you have asked about gametime weather and the FootballDocs have put together a handy list of all the teams and their Weather Channel forecasts - definitely a handy spot to check before getting your lineup finalized.
- I didn't see the Broncos game but kept checking my iPhone for the latest news as we sat stuck in our seats on plane #2 - but it looks like P.J. Pope might have injured his hammy? Not sure it's serious at all but are you kidding me? Another Broncos RB to get injured? Ridiculous. For all the latest injury news, scope out KFFL's Post-game injury report Week 16. And yes, I'm incredibly nervous for the San Diego vs Broncos game on Sunday night...
- For some waiver wire advice, check out the Bruno Boys FF Waiver Wire or Lester's Legends' Get 'em or Don't Sweat 'em Week 16.
- FFXtreme's Week 16 On the Rise & On the Decline has a new feature for the end of the season - the dynasty corner. So if you've already wrapped up your 2008 season, scope out this section at the bottom of the page.
- Lions fans it looks like you're going to be making history next weekend - 0-17 at Green Bay since 1992? Not good, not good at all.
Best of luck to everyone tonight - if you end up with a big W this week, I'd love to hear from you!