Good morning from a very cold Colorado. I've always been of the mindset that cold is cold and there really isn't a big difference between 5 degrees and 25 degrees. I still maintain that mindset but am now going to suggest that perhaps -2 (what the thermometer read this morning as I was making breakfast) is a whole different bag. I've been at work for quite some time now and still can't really feel all of my toes. Perhaps that says more about my footwear than anything but I think my cheeks are still thawing out, too.
Anyway, like many of you I'm anxiously awaiting tonight's impact on my fantasy status. I'm playing my husband in the playoff semifinals in two different leagues and am very worried about my impending loss to him in both leagues...I think it's a foregone conclusion that I've lost to him in one league but I'm still holding on and pulling for big things from Westbrook in the other league. However, in different league entirely I'm currently ahead by about 50 points and my opponent still has Westbrook to go. I don't think Westy can accumulate 50 points (though you never know!) but I hate being in the position of pulling both for and against one player. Hopefully you all are already enjoying big wins knowing that you're headed to the fantasy championship games - and perhaps are in a far warmer climate than I'm in!
- If you missed any of the games yesterday (tis the season for holiday parties...) then I highly recommend reading Football Outsider's Audibles at the Line: Week 15.
- Or scope out Rotoworld's Sunday Schooled: Crunch time which lists the top 5 fantasy players at each position. Um, the list of QBs is a total surprise - if I'd told you in Week 5 even that Cassel, Jackson, Garrard and Fitzpatrick would be in the top 5 during the fantasy playoffs, no one would have believed me at all. Oh how I love this stuff.
- FFXtreme has a list of the Week 16 On the Rise & On the Decline players - yesterday Antonio Bryant proved me wrong. I thought his numbers might suffer with Griese behind the helm but apparently not. Bryant seems unstoppable right now and gets the good fortune of facing a pretty weak San Diego pass defense in Week 16. Solid.
- Lester's Legends has a Get 'em or don't sweat 'em for those of you who are still going to be in the playoffs mix next week.
- And more waiver wire advice from the Bruno Boys' FF Waiver Wire article. They rightly point out that DeShaun Foster could capitalize on a matchup with the lowly Rams run defense next week if Frank Gore remains sidelined by his ankle injury.
- The waiver wire suggestions keep coming with FootballDocs' Week 16 Pick-up/Drop Advice and NFL.com's RBs Benson, Morris will be hot names on fantasy waiver wire.
- Since it's the holiday gift-giving season, perhaps you all could find a recipient for some of the fantasy football clothing that RotoNation links to from Art of the Fan. I also just made a purchase from Cafe Press, which has quite an assortment of fantasy football t-shirts, hats, bags, greeting cards (yes, seriously) and magnets. Who knew?
Good luck tonight!