It is a crime that I am stuck in an office today; it is supposed to be 71 degrees - 71!!! - here today in Boulder and there's such a nice warm air blowing in through my window. Maybe I can take my laptop outside and just call the great outdoors my office for the day. Trust me, I'm pretty grateful for the awesome weather we have plus I leave for Tampa on Monday for the Fantasy Sports Trade Association conference...so in one week I'll be staring at the ocean. Life is so good.
So I'm partaking in a mock draft organized by the Bruno Boys, which FFXtreme is chronicling here. Take a look if you're interested. How did I do with my first round pick of DeAngelo Williams? I was 4th overall and think that might have been maybe ever so slightly early to take DWill, but frankly there wasn't anyone else that I was super confident about either at the 1.04 spot. Now I'm wondering whether I'll take another RB or a WR next...you can join FFXtreme's forum discussion on the draft if you'd like to make your voice heard.
Onto other links for the day:
- KFFL is keeping the rankings coming - their player rankings by position for the Super Bowl are up though it's kind of amusing to have just a 2-player ranking as in QB. More to read at least with the RB, WR and TE rankings.
- If you're feeling a little bit confounded by which RB to start during the Super Bowl - or are just curious about how they'll fare - read up on the Super Bowl Comparisons - Running Backs from Lester's Legends.
- More changes on the Broncos coaching staff - a new QB coach and offensive coordinator plus four new assistants will see what they can do with my high-powered Broncos offense. Considering how much Cutler wanted the previous QB coach Bates to stick around, I'll be interested to see how this new QB relationship develops.
- Wondering who might be a risky grab for the 2009 season? Read the Bruno Boys' 2009 Red Flag Players, which is chock full of some red hot players from 2007 and 2008.
- Will LA acquire that NFL team they desire? See the latest news on that front from ESPN.