Right now my husband is at a conference in San Francisco, gearing up to spend the next four days going to nearly 20 different interviews - can you imagine many things more painful than being "on" for that long and being able to talk about 20 different schools/companies? I'm sending all sorts of good thoughts his way and think it's appropriate that his interviews coincide with the first weekend of the NFL playoffs. See, I kind of envision this first round of interviews as his first weekend of job playoffs if you will. There are second round interviews, fly-outs and job offers to be had down the line much like there are late round playoffs and the Super Bowl for NFL teams.
But as always, it doesn't take much for me to relate my personal life to football in some way...
Now to today's links:
- The Hazean has kept the Start & Sit suggestions rolling through the New Year. Check our Start & Sit: Fantasy playoffs - I'm strongly considering using LeRon McClain in my FFLibrarian's Challenge lineup.
- The RotoExperts have a fairly in-depth ranking by position up for the fantasy playoffs in Fantasy Football: Playoff League Guide.
- Ultimate FF Strategy has odds up for each team to reach the various rounds of the playoffs as well as start/sit advice with projected fantasy points in Playoff Player Projections.
- The Bruno Boys have more rankings up for this weekend's games - Kicker, WR and TE rankings are up now in addition to the QB and RB rankings I linked to earlier.
- And speaking of the Bruno Boys, my final column for them this year went up on Wednesday - Best & Worst of 2008. I had a great time writing that column this year and if you all have any feedback or thoughts on things you would do differently with either the Bruno Boys column or my NY Times Fifth Down column, please let me know.
- The FFGeekBlog guys aren't usually big on playoffs fantasy leagues so I must admit that I am honored to have them along for the ride via my FFLibrarian's Challenge group in NFL.com's contest. As Matt points out, and I think I've failed to do so far, the grand prize is indeed a trip to Super Bowl XLIV in Miami. Who doesn't want that prize?! Anyway, read on for the other playoffs leagues that the Geeks are partaking in this year.
- And finally, perhaps the best for last, as promised Rotoworld has their Post-Season Fantasy Football Guide up and it is chock full of quality positional rankings.