I'm watching the Winter X Games right now and realizing once again how addictive it is to watch the superpipe. And wishing that I was in Aspen to enjoy some of the sweet snow that's coming down there. But then again, I leave tomorrow morning for Tampa and am certainly grateful to be leaving snow and 20 degree temps in my wake for a little sun and sand. Freckles and a possible sunburn (no matter how much sunscreen I apply), here I come!
So I thought I'd throw up a few links tonight since I'll be traveling and chatting up fantasy sports folks for most of the day tomorrow. But before I get into the links I want to point out a new search feature that I have over on the right sidebar of my site - it's run by a Boulder-based company called Lijit and when you search you'll have the option of searching just the FFLibrarian blog or searching a predetermined group of sites that I've set up as my network. I trust all of those sites in my network to provide you with quality material, so I think this Lijit feature is an awesome way to really focus your search down to some of the best fantasy football resources on the Internet. Plus, if you still can't find what you're looking for, you can expand your search to the rest of the web. I'm still playing around with it a bit but like what I see so far.
Anyway, to the links!
- Is Thigpen worth sticking with or should the Chiefs look elsewhere for their QB? I can't help but think of Derek Anderson's mighty quick fall from fame this season but I do think Thigpen has some promise.
- Just a reminder that the mock draft I'm participating in is being tracked on FFXtreme - and has quite an informed crew of discussants on the forum. I've selected for three rounds so far and have an all-star crew of DeAngelo Williams, Chris Johnson and Brandon Marshall so far. I'm planning on going with another WR next but I'm curious about the QB talent that will be on the board then, too.
- SportingNews.com's 2009 QB rankings: The 'Big 33' QBs for '09 - maybe it's the fact that I dislike the Chargers more every year (they keep beating my teams!) but I just can't accept Rivers as the #4 QB for 2009.
- Since rookie RBs have been all the rage lately, I recommend scoping out Football Jabber's Top Ten NFL Draft Running Back Prospects - which of these names will be the guy to have in 2009?
- If you're in the mood for some historical Super Bowl knowledge, check out the link that the Fifth Down provides in Everything You Wanted to Know About the Super Bowl (and don't forget to scope the comments since the NYT editor's comment made me laugh out loud).