First and foremost, happy birthday to my brother-in-law today! I was contemplating getting him a Fantasy Football Librarian t-shirt for his birthday but that seemed a bit self-serving to give him a shirt that would just advertise my blog...sorry, Brian. If you really want one (or a mug - I mean who doesn't need a frosted beer mug emblazoned with the FFLibrarian URL?), let me know and I'll make that birthday wish a reality.
I'm back in Colorado after a whirlwind tour of New York City and am very excited to say I now have a home to call my own in NYC come August 1st. Well in Brooklyn Heights to be specific. And frankly the apartment is awesome. I didn't think that was going to be possible; perhaps that's the beauty of Brooklyn?
Now to the beauty of fantasy football:
- FantasySharks.com have a nice rookie RB overview in Rookie Running Backs of 09: Who's #1, Sleepers, Dynasty Ranks, Rookie of the Year. This Denver fan is hoping the hype on Moreno is accurate...speaking of which, NYCers, where is the best Broncos bar?? This is very important information! I might need to dedicate myself to a Broncos bar search this fall...
- If you haven't noticed, Ultimate Fantasy Football Strategy is slowly releasing their 2009 offensive line rankings as they do an analysis for each team. Here's a link to their 2009 rankings - so far! And in case you're wondering how they did with their 2008 o-line rankings, take a look here.
- Can't help but include this one - FFToolbox's Preseason College Football Rankings...where are my Northwestern Wildcats in this top 10 list?? Ha. But really those of you who play fantasy college football might want to start reading up on top teams for the season. If you all are interested in more fantasy college material, let me know in the comments or e-mail me and I'll be sure to keep them coming.
- Also from FFToolbox, a list of IDP Sleepers for the 2009 season.
- If it's sleepers you dig, then you'll find yourself quite happy with KFFL's Staff predictions: Top five fantasy football sleepers. Each staff member has taken a shot at their top sleepers of the season. I'm seeing lots of Julius Jones, Laurence Maroney and Donnie Avery...check it out for more detail.
- Rotoworld provides an overview (one of the first I've seen this preseason!) of the top 10 team defenses and special teams: look no further than the NFC East for your defense this year.