Bear with me, I have a few comments to make on the unfortunateness of being 30 and then will get right to football. Remember last week when I talked about how much I loved going to the dentist? Well no more. This afternoon I am off to get a root canal; fortunately I am in no pain whatsoever but apparently there's nothing like ringing in a new decade with a root canal. Sweet. And that jury duty I had last week? Oh yeah, it's not over yet. It's for a murder trial here in Boulder and I head back for the voir dire process tomorrow. I'm hoping to slide out of that one since it will otherwise entail 3-5 weeks of sitting on a jury, and time is just not a luxury I have these days. Frankly it feels like being an adult is way overrated right now. But I had an awesome birthday and that's certainly worth a lot!
Onto football...the season is getting closer, sites are revving back up, I'm starting to get 2009 roster questions (which are taking me awhile to respond to - sorry!)...it's all very exciting.
- Fantasy Football Nerd is back and better than ever. Many of you might remember when I dedicated one of my fantasy leagues entirely to the Nerd's advice last year - if you haven't scoped the site out yet, I highly recommend you do. Read up on some of the changes that the Nerd is making for 2009 here and get yourself signed up (it's free!).
- The Colts are full of surgery news: Joseph Addai had knee surgery, Adam Vinatieri had hip surgery and while not surgery, it's still not good news that Anthony Gonzalez is suffering from an injured right leg.
- And speaking of surgery, in case you somehow missed it, this video from ESPN has the latest on Brett Favre's surgery.
- Fantasy Sharks has an article on players you might not want to draft this year in Avoid this Year's Fantasy Land Mines. I don't agree with all of this list but there are some good points made here.
- On the flip side if it's comeback players you're after, see what No-Offseason.com has to say in 2009 Fantasy Comeback Players of the Year, which even includes a handful of IDPs.
- The Bruno Boys take a look at tight ends that those of us in keeper leagues might want to consider adding, including rookies.