I've embraced a major technology change here in 2010, my football friends. I am now a Mac user. For the past few weeks I've been gleefully coming to you from a new macbook and pretty much loving every minute...until this past weekend. I still love my new mac, don't get me wrong, but figuring out how to use iWork's Numbers to the same extent as Excel has been a challenge. I miss Excel and am considering purchasing Office for macs, but have heard negative feedback on that front, too. What's an Excel user to do? I know with time I'll probably discover lots of the same tips and tricks that I know and love in Excel but if anyone can guide me toward resources to speed that process up, I'd appreciate it.
Now why was I up to my elbows in spreadsheets this weekend you may ask? The annual accuracy challenge of course! This will be the third year that I've run an analysis to compare the accuracy of preseason positional rankings from FF experts out there (here's a look back at the 2007 and 2008 contests)...and I'm so excited to report that I have nearly 50 sites competing in this year's competition. I'll be looking at the top 10-15 sites who were most accurate at ranking QBs, RBs, WRs, and TEs - and then also which sites were best across all positions. I'm working with the FSTA (Fantasy Sports Trade Association) again this year and the site that is most accurate across positions will receive an award at the FSTA annual conference in Vegas in 2 weeks. I'll be presenting the details of the winners on the Fifth Down and here on my blog just after the conference concludes so be sure to come back for the results!
In addition, this year we are looking at the accuracy of preseason projections (we have about 15 FF expert sites participating in that portion of the contest) and The Most Credible is running that analysis. I'll be noting the results of that contest as well. Great stuff up ahead - I love these contests!
But first up, we have some helpful and interesting links for this weekend's games:
- The rankings are starting to roll out:
- Bruno Boys' Divisional Round QB rankings
- FantasyDepthChart's Divisional Round Player Rankings
- Fantasyfanplay.com's QB Rankings: Divisional Round
- Speaking of accuracy and a look back on preseason rankings, Razzball is taking this into their own hands and investigating how well they predicted the top QBs of 2009.
- Another look back on the 2009 season - but with a twist. See what Fighting Chance Fantasy has to say about our parlay bets throughout the season Five Game Parlay Final Results (congrats, Jeff!)...just don't look too closely at my overall record.
- The Hazean's Tuesday Morning Rehab looks at injuries across the league - both those injuries that will impact the rest of the postseason games and the 2010 season.
- A few reviews of this weekend's games from ProFootballWeekly.com's Divisional-round matchup tidbits and FantasyPros911's Cowboys-Vikings Review and Preview.
- Get a mix of news and interesting gems from Roto Arcade's Monday Brunch: Packers Looking Pricey for 2010.
- Lots of 2010 links being posted these days:
- KevinGould (163 points)
- rikim1228 (156 points)
- willmushu (153 points)
- slickens (148 points)
- itsawrap (146 points)