Welcome to Wednesday. Let's get caught up on some of the mid-week news in preparation for Week 8 of the 2007 NFL season:
- Many SD Chargers and their families (roughly 20 players and 30 coaches) have evacuated their homes due to the severe fires in southern Cal. The Qualcomm Stadium is being used as a shelter for evacuees, forcing contingency plans for the SD vs. Houston game this Sunday. The team flew to Arizona to practice there for the remainder of the week. Last night on the local Denver news, a newscaster reported that the number of people being evacuated due to these fires is basically the equivalent of everyone in Denver being evacuated - twice. So my thoughts are with all of you guys...
- Word on the street says "there is a good chance" that Frank Gore will be able to play this coming Sunday. I couldn't be more pleased to hear that good news.
- I can only assume that all you Joseph Addai owners noticed how many runs Kenton Keith got during the Monday night game. Looks like this might be a pattern that will stick around for awhile as Dungy is developing "more confidence" in Keith and likes how fresh the two backs seem when they trade off on carries.
- Both Leftwich and Garrard have injured ankles - Leftwich's requires surgery, Garrard's requires an MRI.
- NFL's Fabiano: It's time to utilize the backfield handcuff includes valuable RB backup info as well as a waiver wire focus section.
- CBS Sports' Playing the Waiver Wire: Jesse's turn - I was able to get Jesse Chatman in one of my leagues and while I feel a little badly for snatching this guy before the Ronnie Brown owner could get to him (sorry TINO), I still desperately need some help in that league. Whose to say that Cobbs and Booker won't get a lot of the action, so I'm not convinced yet that getting Chatman was such a coup, but we'll see...
- FFToday's Through the Wire: Week 8 - will these guys be correct in forecasting a decent game from Bulger this week? And while I love my Broncos, they make a great point about starting GB's Donald Lee considering all the fantasy points the Broncos have given up to TEs.
- NFL Freaks' Hot Waiver Wire Picks - Week 8
- SI's Wire Tap - check out the Titans lovefest here