Welcome to Week 6, friends. Also known as An Egregious Amount of Byes Week. Hopefully you all are still in the fantasy game even though many of the first round RBs have not exactly performed as expected. Not sure that back in August I would've believed that Laurence Maroney, Maurice Jones-Drew and Marques Colston would be riding my bench week in and week out. Here's hoping for a solid Week 6 from our so-called studs.
- Fantasy Football Goat's Fantasy Football Start 'em Sit 'em and Sleepers for Week 6 - the Goat always does a nice job of unearthing some gems...and of shooting down Cedric Benson. Goat, I'm preparing myself for a massive, season-long "I told you so" from you - but my only other option instead of Benson is Julius Jones against NE. Is that really any better? We'll see, perhaps I'll sleep on it.
- DR U Fantasy Football GURU's NFL Start em Bench em - Week 6 outlook actually recommends starting Derek Anderson. Now that I am a er, proud owner of Anderson, let's hope he lives up to the hype against Miami this week.
- I am really just delving into the world of the NYT's The Fifth Down blog and frankly, I'm loving it. Read on for Your Mid-Week Fantasy Update and check back on Friday for the Gems & Gimps listing.
- FantasySharks.com's Start/Bench List Week 6 - will Kevin Curtis have a repeat performance of his Week 3 numbers?
- FootballDocs' Week 6 Bench/Start - Jason Wright, who will likely step in for an injured Jamal Lewis again this week, is a fellow Northwestern alum. I fully endorse picking him up for that reason alone...but I also think he could have a nice week against Miami's not-so-stellar D.
- Yes, LJ just might have a good week according to Coachbox's Week 6 Start/Bench Recommendations.
- Fantasy Football Geek Blog has their Studs and Duds: Week 6 up and suggest that Brian Leonard might not have a great week against the Baltimore run D...seems logical I know (though they are allowing 113.2 ypg), and I may be grasping at straws here since I have Leonard, but wasn't Leonard touted for his dual skills in receiving and rushing? Perhaps I have a faulty memory on this one but I think that makes Leonard at least slightly more attractive this week. Sadly I have the Baltimore D in that league, too, so it's going to be one of those fun "hey, I'm playing against myself" moments.
I'll get more start and sit suggestions up either later today or tomorrow - and don't miss tomorrow's IDP Forecast for Week 6.