Week 8 of the NFL season is quickly approaching. There were a surprising number of injuries and injury scares this week...so while Ronnie Brown owners are envisioning an ugly 2nd half of the season, and my fellow Frank Gore owners are crossing their fingers that his ankle sprain is minor, Steven Jackson owners are getting psyched for his potential return to the field this week. For those of you dealing with injury mishaps (or suffering from Week 8 byes), let's take a look at some of the waiver wire suggestions that are already up:
- The FF Goat's Fantasy Football Waiver Wire and Sleepers Watch Week 8 - I basically think Tony Scheffler is the TE of the future and drafted him this year only to have to drop him a few weeks ago to cover injuries, etc. But the Goat sees Scheff as a potential bye week replacement against Green Bay if you need him this week...I couldn't agree more.
- NFL's Risers & Fallers: Barber, White headline risers has your upgrades and downgrades and how that might affect your fantasy lineups.
- The FF Geek Blog has become one of my favorite resources, I must say. They have not just one, but two articles of interest for free agent/waiver purposes. First, Waiver Wire Pickups, Keeper Sleepers, and Spot Starts: Week 8 has more Scheffler love and a reminder that Deion Branch is coming back from injury likely after their bye week this week. Also check out Cut Your Losses: Players to Drop, Week 8 if you're wondering whether or not Julius Jones deserves a bench-warming spot on your team.
- Rotoworld's Waiver Wired, Dol-finished: Losing Ronnie has lots of nice, deep pickups for RB and WR as well as the more obvious free agents you're going to want to get this week.
- FFToolbox's Week 8: Pickups of the Week - I picked up Garcia in two leagues to fill in for bye weeks and a Vince Young situation and he performed beautifully...FFToolbox considers that a trend that will continue.