First, I'd like to start off with some updates on Broncos players - sorry for the hometown bias, but it's valuable for all to know that Javon Walker is back on the practice field, baby. If you have Javon on your team as I do, take note that while he doesn't feel his knee will actually be healthy until the off-season, Walker claims it's go-time and he's ready to play through it. Hmm.
In other Broncos news, the latest I've heard on Travis Henry is as follows from the Denver Post: "The one issue to pay attention to is running back Travis Henry. A final determination on his drug test is not expected to be made until mid-November, but the NFL wanted it resolved yesterday. If Henry is suspended, as most expect, than the Broncos will likely finish the season with a tailback rotation of Selvin Young and Andre Hall." Andre Hall, you say. In fact, some suggest that Hall would take Henry's place and Selvin Young would maintain his current roll. So keep that name in mind when mid-November comes around. And if you're in the market for a solid Broncos blog, check out Mason's Morsels - this guys knows his stuff.
Okay, back to more general fantasy football stuff. I know you all are eagerly awaiting the arrival of Week 7, purely because it's that reprieve between Weeks 6 and 8, which both have six teams on bye (who makes these decisions anyway?). But the Panthers, Browns, Packers and Chargers are all on bye this week meaning there are still quite a few holes to fill. So let's take a look at some of the waiver wire suggestions for Week 7:
- The Goat's Fantasy Football Waiver Wire and Sleepers Watch Week 7 - the Goat is on the ball and notes Michael Bennett, the new TB RB acquired from the Chiefs, as a possible upgrade for those of you needing an RB (yes, Chris, I mean you).
- Fantasy Football Geek Blog's Waiver-Wire Pickups, Keeper Sleepers and Spot Starts: Week 7 - read up on their thoughts on Bulger...I'm hesitant to admit this, but I am that owner that dropped Bulger. It was a combination of necessity (bye week for Big Ben, my other QB), disgust at the Rams o-line, and memories from the past when Bulger had injured ribs and did squat. Derek Anderson proved himself very worthy of a Bulger drop, but only time will tell if it was a good season-long decision.
- NFL.com's Risers & Fallers: Peterson, Jones-Drew headline risers - MJD are you back and for real?!
- SI's Wire Tap: Don't be too enamored with Keith with other backs emerging - clearly, if you want the scoop on Kenton Keith, read this article. Or if you are looking for some relatively obscure pickups, read on.
- Check out Rotoworld's Waiver Wired: Starting Over for reasons why you might want Leonard Weaver (Shaun Alexander's backup) on your team...and other deep RB considerations.