Today is the beginning of the football season now that the Hall of Fame Game has come and gone and preseason football starts in just a few hours. I couldn't be more excited. I've been quiet this week since I've been traveling to/from Seattle and helping a friend with last minute wedding prep. But I'm back and hopefully better than ever. So let's jump right in and read up on the latest:
- NFL.com's Fabiano takes a look at how Favre's trade to the Jets will impact Favre's fantasy value in Favre's move to New York could be detrimental to his fantasy value. I'm also wondering how this might impact Thomas Jones; before Favre arrived, Jones was probably the most obvious offensive weapon that the Jets had...will this spotlight on Favre help Jones gain a few more yards here and there?
- How does losing Ryan Torain to an elbow injury affect Selvin Young's status? I have more faith in the Denver back system than the rest of the planet, so I must admit that I'm a little more encouraged about drafting Young now that Torain is out of the picture. Am I crazy? Maybe.
- Take a look at the NFC West landscape now that several receivers have changed teams in ESPN's How receiving departures affect NFC West teams.
- FFXtreme...you're killing me! Your content is no longer freely available and this is a serious bummer. I love the FFXtreme site and am really sorry to see that virtually all of the articles and rankings on your site are for subscribers only. Sorry to be a complainer (and I don't begrudge you the chance to make a living off of this), I'm just sorry to see the change.
- ProFootballWeekly's Overrated and Underrated fantasy performers for the 2008 season has some interesting commentary - I like a lot of what I see here, particularly in the underrated section.