Oh readers, I'm rolling into the long weekend with a gigantic ol' cold. Hit me like a ton of bricks this morning when I woke up and I've just been sniffling and sneezing my way through the day, trying to get these links up but losing focus in between glasses of Emergen-C, tea, and OJ. So much liquid to consume, so little time. But this is a huge drafting weekend and I know you're all looking for that extra edge for draft day, so let's get right to it:
- With nearly all the preseason games in the books, it's a great time to take a look at some of the players who have been the talk of the fantasy town...but perhaps aren't worth it in Beware the Preseason Hype.
- Some more guys that come with major red flags are listed in FantasyAlarm.com's 2011 Fantasy Football Busts. Overlook the fact that they initially have Hillis down as a Bronco. Just 1 Bronco per bust list, please.
- It's also time for Matthew Berry's annual ten lists of 10. If you haven't read this piece before, just jump on in since it's basically a smattering of random but helpful fantasy thoughts.
- You guys know how I love look at rankings, so you can imagine how much I enjoyed Rotoworld's Abusing the pre-draft rankings, which looks at the default rankings that you'll find in Yahoo, CBS, and ESPN's draft rooms, and zeroes in on which players you can snag for a bargain and which are overvalued.
- Hatty Waiver Wire Guru makes an interesting point about Julio Jones - his rookie status plus a tough first 5 weeks might have Jones owners ready to trade a few weeks in...perhaps just before he'll start putting up some nice numbers.
- USA Today just released their updated cheat sheets, courtesy of Roger Rotter.
- Yahoo's Brad Evans reveals his All-Man Crush team including his Most Valuable Crush of the season.
- CBSSports.com chronicles how your draft might go whether you pick a QB in round 1 or not until round 7 in Target your QB late and win.