Shortly after I pressed "publish" on my post here yesterday, I got the dreaded call from daycare informing me that my son was running a fever and could I come get him. Again? Seriously, this baby is sick again? Last night I became convinced that I spawned some crazy version of a human that can't live for more than 2 weeks without acquiring some sort of unseemly germ or un-daycare worthy fever...and then this morning (seemingly refreshed despite the wakeups that our son peppered into the night hours), I remembered that this is probably just the status of all babies. They have tiny little hands and goobery little mouths and both are all over the place, so it's a wonder that our son is ever healthy at all. And frankly, the little dude seems just fine other than his head warmth, plus now that we live near in-laws, we've got some help here today letting me get some real library work and not-so-real FFL work done...so I really can't complain. But if we've got a sick baby again in 2 weeks I'll be one grumpy parent.
In the meantime, FF experts all over the place have been getting their start/sit columns up. But before we get to that, I'd like to remind you to head over to FantasyPros.com and enter your best guess at their challenging Week 2 start/sit questions. All hands on deck here please - it will take just a few minutes and I'm eager to show off how awesome you guys are. In fact, I heard from two of you that were absolutely brilliant and only missed 1 of the 10 questions last week. Any FFL readers find out that they were one of the 8 (of 4000+) who got them all right? You can find out how well you fared here. And if pride isn't enough of a motivator, the top 50 folks will get prizes.
Moving on to our massive amount of links today...it's go time:
- Week 2 Start/sit:
- NFL.com's Roethlisberger should play big during fantasy's Week 2
- Athlon Sports' Week 2 Start or Sit
- Matthew Berry's Love/Hate list in Nothing but Hate for "That Guy" (or for more Berry via podcast, don't miss today's Fantasy Football Focus)
- FFToday.com's The Shot Caller's Report - Who to Start, Who to Sit?
- CBSSports.com's Week 2 Start 'em and Sit 'em
- RotoExperts.com's Hold 'Em or Fold 'Em
- Ask the Commish's Sit or Start
- Notjustagame.com's Automatic starters/Don't do it
- Fantasy Football Nerd's Where to Put Em
- The Football Girl's Week 2: Start 'Em or Sit 'Em
- Week 2 Rankings/projections:
- Pyromaniac's QB Player Rankings - Week 2 (find other positions here, too) - the top 2/3 or so all get analysis, which I always find pretty helpful. A little extra insight into the rankings.
- Fake Teams' Week 2 Wide Receiver rankings
- FantasyFanPlay.com tosses in some rankings, start/sit and sleeper action all into one post.
- FantasyPros911.com's Week 2 Rankings and Projections - this link goes to QBs, standard scoring, but they do offer PPR rankings, too.
- Sports Outlaw's Week 2 Cheatsheets
- IDP links:
- FantasySharks.com's Studs and Duds: Week 2 IDP Start/Sit
- Razzball.com's Week 2 IDP Rankings
- RotoExperts.com's Draw the Line
- Finally, Rotoworld's Matchups: Climb & Ride Hillis is one of my favorite articles of the week. A solid overview going game-by-game and looking at it all from the fantasy perspective you're looking for. It's a lot to take in so give yourself a little time with this one, but it's a gem.