Tomorrow. Tomorrow is the big day! I got a little giddy last night looking at all of the start/sit links that are pouring in...I absolutely adore this time of year and I hope you all do as well. Tomorrow is a full day for me - I'm actually doing nothing but posting on here and gathering submissions/rankings from sites participating in our preseason accuracy challenge. And baking banana bread due to an overflux of bananas in our house. But that's neither here nor there: mostly I'll be fantasy footballing. Can't wait.
First up, if you're not using Pickemfirst, you're missing out. I've gushed over this free product before and I'll do it again - after you've installed their handy tool and easily set it up to access your team/league rosters, if you're reading one of these waiver wire articles or injury news, a little icon will appear letting you know whether or not that player is available in your league. It's nothing short of awesome. Seriously. See it in action here. With the free version you get access to 2 of your teams but with the upgraded Pickemfirst Pro it's an unlimited number of teams - and all sorts of other cool stuff including fantasy analysis from RotoWire (which is great). So in honor of the first day of the season rapidly approaching, today I'm giving away 5 upgraded Pickemfirst Pro subscriptions to the first 5 readers I hear from (update: all subs were given away today already!) Tomorrow I'll be giving away 5 more so stay tuned.
- Week 1 Start/Sit:
- Roto Arcade's Flames: Matthew Stafford, in like a Lion
- Pigskin Addiction's Studs and Duds - Week 1
- FootballDocs.com's Start Sit
- FantasySharks.com's Start/Bench List
- For the IDPers in the crowd FFToolbox.com's Who to Start Rankings/Projections
- Week 1 Rankings and Projections:
- ESPN.com's Week 1 rankings: quarterbacks
- Fantasy Football Geek Blog's User Requested Player Rankings - Week 1
- ProFootballFocus.com's Week 1 QB Projections (listed by PPR-style rankings)
- The Fantasy Shrink's Week 1 Rankings
- Rotoworld's Early Target Watch takes a look at targets during the preseason (when offensive starters were in) to see if we can decipher any early patterns yet.
- FFToday.com's Through the Wire is always one of my favorite weekly waiver articles - lots of info here and it goes deep, which is great for those of you in 14- or 16-team leagues.