I have so much awesome fantasy football material for you guys today, it's off the hook. Okay, I've never actually used the phrase "off the hook" - sound natural or what? If a librarian can't pull it off, who can? Let's start with something I'm really excited about...I mentioned this a few weeks ago but the guys at FantasyPros.com are creating a season-long accuracy competition between various FF site readers (and experts!) based on how well you can nail some tough start/sit questions. So I'm asking you guys to head to this link and answer 10 questions sometime between now and Sunday morning, showing off your fantasy acumen. I'll be linking to different start/sit questions from FantasyPros.com every week and it should only take a few minutes of your time. Put your fantasy thinking cap on and make me proud!
Next up, lots of giveaways today. I'm giving away 5 more Pickemfirst Pro subscriptions (see my post from yesterday if you don't know how awesome the Pickemfirst tool is) and 2 season-long subscriptions to Fantasy Football Xtreme. In order to win, e-mail me and let me know which one you'd like or if you would take either one. This is all first come, first served so the first folks I hear from will win! Update: I've given all the subs away!
To today's links...
- Week 1 start/sit:
- Roto Arcade's Lames: Turner owners may feel uncomfortable 'Burn' in Chicago
- Fifth Down's Week 1 in Fantasy Football: Favorable Matchups
- CBSSports.com's Week 1 Start 'Em and Sit 'Em
- NFL.com's Wells, Hillis should be active for owners in Week 1
- Or if you just want some experts to tell you which of two players to go with, turn to FantasyPros.com's awesome Who Should I Start? tool
- SI's NFL week 1 start 'em, sit 'em
- Fantasy Football Roundtable's Start em Sit em
- FantasyFanPlay.com's Play 'em and Lay 'em
- Week 1 rankings/projections:
- Athlon Sports' Week 1 Rankings
- Fantasy Football Nerd's Rankings for Week 1
- Fleaflicker's weekly projections - lots of good detail here plus I like that this chart shows projections for RBs, WRs, and TEs combined for those with flex decisions to make
- Pigskin Addiction's Cheatsheet Week #1
- 2MugsFF's Week 1 Running Back Rankings for PPR Leagues
- The Sports Outlaw's Week 1 Player Rankings
- Other good reads:
- Razzball.com's The Fantasy Football Backup Plan: Week 1 is here to help if you're a Peyton Manning or Lance Moore owner, or really for any of you feeling draft remorse.
- ProFootballWeekly.com's 10 Most Intriguing Players of Week One is always a good read - it's not a start/sit piece but really just something to keep you updated on all the fantasy happenings around the league. Don't just know your own teams, know the whole scene.
Enjoy the game tonight!