There are few things worse than watching in person as your team's game-winning 77-yard touchdown pass gets called back on a bogus pass-interference call. I understand that every team has their fair share of crappy calls go for and against them and that the Broncos have benefited from bad calls earlier in the season, but seeing Marshall's catch get withdrawn was devastating. The Broncos weren't playing well enough to deserve to win the game whatsoever but it still was a sad, sad play. I should confess at this point that during the game I came down with the start of a cold, which is now completely full-blown to the point that a coworker just told me that I looked far worse than my usual post-football tiredness. Sweet. So I think I'm adding a little dash of cold grumpiness into everything I do this morning, meaning I'm extra frustrated about the Broncos loss. And frankly, I shouldn't be grumpy at all since - get this - I might go 7-0 in my fantasy leagues this week. That would be phenomenal.
So while I was watching my Broncos go down in flames, I did notice that "running back" Peyton Hillis had a great game for the Broncos and was wondering how many waiver wire articles he might show up on. So far, one (see below). Perhaps the fact that he didn't actually run the ball at all but had 7 catches for 116 yards means that FF experts don't really know what to do with him. And I'm sure there's some one-week wonder fear here - but I'm still surprised he's not listed more frequently as someone to keep an eye on...
But there are plenty of other waiver wire options, so read on:
- FanHouse's Waiver Wire Wonders: Week Nine - I cannot believe what I'm seeing with Cedric Benson.
- The FFGoat's Sleeper and Waiver Wire Watch Week 10 has more suggestions than usual as several players went down with injuries yesterday. Unfortunately I called Kyle Orton my sure thing on the radio on Sunday morning - and look what happened to the poor guy. I'm not declaring anyone else a sure thing for a long, long time.
- Speaking of the radio show, I was interviewed by Marc from the Bruno Boys and here's the Bruno Boys' Fantasy Football Week 9 Waiver Wire (Who to Dump?) article for the week. Unlike most waiver wire articles, this piece notes the players that you can get rid of, banish from your roster and gleefully open up room for say, the Peyton Hillises of the world.
- My first Peyton Hillis sighting comes from the FootballDocs (I promise to stop with the Hillis thing soon - but he just played really well yesterday) who suggest picking him up precisely because of crazy Shanahan's fickle ways. And the lack of healthy and productive backs in Denver right now.
- FFXtreme's Week 10 - On the Rise & On the Decline is short and sweet this week but there are plenty of guys on their watch list including Ray Rice, Jamaal Charles and Koren Robinson.
- This one isn't a waiver wire article, but a reminder about how much the weather can affect fantasy football. As we veer towards the start of winter, the FFManiaxs take a look at How Weather Affects Fantasy Football. I can't wait to see the first game played in extreme snow.