As I think I've mentioned before my husband is finishing up his PhD this year so he's spending basically every waking moment (and probably some less than conscious moments, too) working on his job applications and the final chapters of his dissertation. I think each milestone deserves a celebration so after he finished one more chunk of his dissertation last night, we went out to grab some beer at our local liquor store. We walked out with a six-pack and 30 roses. It's highly unclear why but the guys who worked at the liquor store insisted on giving us the flowers (or why there were flowers in a liquor store in the first place - is this common?) but frankly, who am I to say no to roses? Sometimes the most unexpected lovely things happen. Not sure I have a segue from that to fantasy football but I could really stretch it and say go check the start/sit links to find out which players will be the roses to your fantasy weekend. How did that work? Yeah, didn't think so. So I'll just jump right over to football.
- My column for the Bruno Boys went up yesterday afternoon - Second Half Players to Avoid - with my thoughts on which kind of hot waiver wire additions aren't really worth picking up.
- RotoExperts' Start and Sit: Week Ten is up with a bunch of high quality recommendations except I'm not sure I agree with the sit Frerotte call. Of course this always depends on who else you have but I think having Sidney Rice back is a nice addition for Frerotte who may actually end the day with a decent game. It's not going to be a massive night or anything for him but with all of the injured QBs right now, you could do far worse than Frerotte.
- I'm completely on board with The Goat's start predictions in his BIGTIME FF Start 'em Sit 'em and Sleeper Picks Week 10 post - this is going to be a Carolina RB owner's dream weekend. They'll have more time of possession than Nate Newton.
- Brady Quinn doesn't eat grandma's cookies - he "fake eats them" which is why the Broncos are just going to annihilate him tonight. Oh yeah. Get the scoop on Quinn and tonight's game in Rotoworld's Fantasy Fix video.
- For those of you looking for projections for the week, scope out FFToday's projections by position. I just get such a kick out of seeing Thigpen listed as the #2 QB for the week. But it's a great call since the San Diego defense hasn't given up less than 200 passing yards in a game so far this season and in general can be thoroughly beat in the air.
- And finally a few more starts and sits for you:
- FootballDocs Start Sit NFL Week 10
- NFL.com's Start 'em and Sit 'em: Tomlinson owns Chiefs; Beware the Manning Brothers in Week 10
- Junkyard Jake's Sleepers/Creepers (kind of a start/sit but they have another one that goes up tomorrow, too)
- ProFantasySports' Start 'em/Bench 'em Report
Enjoy the game tonight and GO BRONCOS!