Silver lining to being sick? More links for you all. I mean there's only so many times I can stand to see repeat coverage of the candidates voting this morning and only so many episodes of House that I can take in during one day. And to top it off, there are just so many more excellent articles to link to today that I'm just going to keep the waiver party going here...
- FFToday's Through the Wire - I love this waiver wire article. If you limit yourself to just one waiver piece, Through the Wire should be it. Now a guy I didn't see listed here is Derrick Ward and I would love to have Antonio's opinion on that guy since I'm debating between Ward and Norwood for Week 10. Yes, I realize the crappiness of my options, but that's how the fantasy cookie crumbles.
- Don't discount the rest of the awesome waiver wire articles though, like SportingNews.com's Wire tap: Charles in charge. So I'm going to admit that I'm pretty hesitant about picking up Ray Rice. I can't put my finger on why exactly, other than the rise of LeRon earlier this season and existence of Willis, but I feel like there could be a lot of ups and downs with Rice for the rest of the season. I think next season is really when Rice's value will become obvious but by all means, grab the guy if you've got a hole to plug - just be prepared for an unreliable RB.
- Rotoworld's Waiver Wired: Quarterback Quandries - In his article here Chris Wesseling confesses to being a charter member of the Byron Leftwich fan club and really after his performance last night who doesn't love the guy? Other than Big Ben owners of course.
- Lester's Legends Bye Week Alternatives - Week 10 is just what the doctor ordered if you've got some slots to fill from this final bye week.
- Finally, more waiver wire advice from the Fantasy Sharks' Week Ten Waiver Wire Pickups - I'm seeing JJ Arrington all over waiver wire articles. It seems to me that benching the Edge might have been done to encourage the guy a bit, no? Maybe not, I'm hardly an expert in the ways of encouraging the Edge but I mean a total and complete lack of Edgerrin James last week doesn't add up. I think Hightower is certainly the man to have in Arizona but I would wager that the Edge will be back on the scene with a handful of carries - in addition to Arrington. And therefore Arrington and Edge both become rather unfantasy worthy. It's just a guess, but it's something to think about before you start snagging Arrington in every league for your RB3 or flex spot.