Judging by my inbox there are a lot of anxious fantasy footballers out there. With the playoffs coming up I know many of you are trying to seal the deal and finalize your spot - or squeak by in a couple of last minute wins to make your way in. So here's to a hearty amount of research this week - I expect to get lots of links up over the next few days.
- Waiver wire advice abounds - I put a handful of waiver wire links up yesterday but there are several more available today. Let's start with KFFL's Waiver Wire - Week 12 post. The emergence of JJ Arrington is making me nervous as a Hightower owner. I definitely recommended that one of the groomsmen at my sister's wedding start Hightower this week (Steve, here's hoping you didn't listen to me) and he hardly had a great showing at all against a fairly lax Seattle D. Hmpf.
- More waiver wire suggestions from CBS' Waiver Wire: Head for the Hillis! I of course appreciate the Broncos love here (hey, a Broncos RB that has made it through multiple weeks without injury!) and there are several other solid recommendations here, too. Also scope out the NFL.com's Fantasy waiver wire video, which is about 3 minutes of waiver advice. And a final waiver wire link comes from Rotoworld's Waiver Wired: Earnest goes to...IR?
- One of my favorite articles from this week already is a Week 12-14 QB cheat sheet of sorts for fantasy footballers from The Hazean - By the numbers: Hitch your playoffs hopes to these nine quarterbacks. If you're one of the unlucky who has been plagued by QB injuries this season and are playing QBs by matchup, definitely take a look to see which QBs might help secure a playoffs spot for you.
- However if you're completely out of the playoffs but don't want to stop playing FF this season, take a look at RotoHog's Second Chance League as noted by the FFGoat.
- The first start/sit list I've seen this week is up - the FFManiaxs are at it with their Week 12 Start/Sit list. With the Bucs facing the Lions this week I can see why Warrick Dunn is their start of the week. I'm not feeling nearly as confident as they are though about Caddy even as a deep flier.