What's happenin' fantasy fans? I've got a fun day ahead: the culmination of a big work project I've been working on for months followed by a bit of a goodbye party for me at the library. I'm not big on being the center of attention (as is obvious by the deep red blush I inevitably take on) but I do love a party...
- Want to know which players Hatty Waiver Wire Guru digs? Scope out Players High on my List.
- CBSSports.com tackles the strength of schedule issue - I'm sure I've said this before but I can't stop thinking about how sorry I am to see my Broncos, who have a sweet schedule for the first 3 games of the season, with such a rough mid-season schedule. Man, it's brutal in the middle.
- I have little to say about the Favre Drama but will link you to FantasyPros911 who have some thoughts on Favre in Brett Favre's Legacy: Is it in Danger?
- FFGeekBlog is back and better than ever - their new site has a bit of a twitterish feel to it and they've graced it with their Wide receiver rankings for 2009. I was talking to my husband the other night about T.O. and he was saying the exact same thing as the Geeks here - T.O. and first years with a team can be magical. Will it hold true again?
- Make sure you check out Yahoo's Shutdown Corner blog - I probably don't link to those guys enough - there's great stuff there. For example, their Offseason Progress Reports like this one on the Seahawks, which is buried deep amidst Favre headlines. You can also amuse yourself with Chris Cooley Fantasy Files commercials there if you'd like.
- I've got a good friend here who is a big Beanie Wells fan and looks like he's not the only one high on Wells - 2009 Draft Prep: Beanie? Yeah baby!
- If you think LenDale is going to take away some of Chris Johnson's glory this season, perhaps you ought to think again - see Rotoworld's "Keep the Lead" LenDale losing value.
On TO, I agree that he's had nice impact everytime he goes to a new team, but I don't see it happening as much this year. Edwards is no Romo or McNabb (or even Garcia), and TO is getting up there in years. He keeps himself in great shape, sure, but that won't work forever. I think Evans will benefit greatly from TO's presence, but I'd be very cautious about reaching for Owens.
Enjoy your party!
1.01 Maurice Jones-Drew
2.12 Clinton Portis
3.01 Dwayne Bowe
PPR league makes Bowe really appealing though I don't know how I feel about having him as my top WR; makes me a little uneasy. Love the value of Clinton Portis at the end of the 2nd. No QBs had gone yet so Brees was tempting but I just don't usually go QB so early...
Last season, Terrell Owens was lined up in the slot BEHIND other Cowboy's receivers in order to help break the jam.
Owens has never been a burner, and if his strength is gone, he becomes a shell of his former self. He is a guy worth gambling on, on the chance of a late career revival, but it is a gamble, unworthy of being dubbed the 6th best WR in football.
I like Bowe as a WR1 in a PPR league. I think you've got a very nice draft going. Good job resisting Brees. Someone else will take him and other QBs sending increased value at RB/WR your way for the 4/5 turn.