I have driven the same car since I was in high school - a sweet 1993 Corolla. Everything in it is manual and the only real sense that the car isn't ancient is the new radio I had to install after the car was broken into for a 3rd time (thanks DC area car radio thieves). There are some serious memories from that car and despite its age it only has a mere 105K miles on it. That's what happens when you basically never drive a car more than 10 miles a day, right? So this week we're selling the car to a friend who has a 16-year-old daughter...feels like everything is coming perfectly full circle there and I can't believe how nostalgic I'm feeling about it. It is after all only a car.
Fortunately I have fantasy football links to think about, leaving me less time to mourn the sale of my old buddy...
- CBSSports.com's 2009 Draft Prep: 10 Burning Questions has the CBS fantasy staff answer all sorts of questions, many of which I've heard from you all. What I think I like most about this is that there are some blatant disagreements among the CBS crew on guys like Steven Jackson and Michael Turner, but each has their justification.
- One of my favorite not-really-fantasy-football-but-still-very-helpful sites out there is Advanced NFL Stats - and this week Brian Burke is doing a guest blogger stint with the NY Times' Fifth Down. Check out today's An Antidote to Jets Pessimism.
- Ultimate FF Strategy has unleashed their ultimate draft tool. I'm going to check it out and report back a little more on what it's like so stay tuned on that front...
- Chris Wesseling, a voice you might know from Rotoworld, posted some thoughts on a recent Sports Data Hub feature that I found pretty interesting. I've been a big SDH proponent and love what you can do on their site, so I was pleased to see Chris post some feedback on SDH, too.
- Speaking of Rotoworld, scope out their update to the Criminally Undervalued and Overvalued as compared to ADP (average draft position).
- Fantasy Hulks have some Anthony Gonzalez love going on - see which other WRs they think are primed for a breakout this season.