As I've mentioned here several times over the past few months, my husband accepted a post-doc position at NYU so in a few short weeks we are moving to New York City. We'll be relying upon a moving company to get the majority of our possessions back east, but we will be the ones packing everything up...which meant we needed boxes. And a lot of them (there are only so many book boxes I can pilfer from the library). So we turned to the fine people at UHaul and their extremely vast array of boxes and over the weekend we acquired a massive quantity of boxes (thanks, free shipping!). I had this image of receiving one well-packed, lightweight box full of other boxes of varying sizes. Oh so naive. We hauled in 6 or 7 different boxes filled with boxes; I had no idea a box could be so heavy. Granted one is a "packing system" for our tv and there are some of those wardrobe type boxes for the closet, but truly, I was blissfully unaware of the world of moving boxes. You'd think I'd never moved before in my life but I guess I've always done short distance moves - or just shoved everything in my car and hoped for the best. No longer. I seem to have hit an age and possession level that requires a more sophisticated move replete with moving boxes.
Anyway, onto football...
- I haven't thought about Kevin Jones in a long time. The Hazean's Monday Morning Rehab reminded me of the latest with Forte's backup among others.
- Fifth Down's KC Joyner has been battling over Jay Cutler's value in Chicago now for several days - for a recap and to get your opinion heard if you're so inclined, check out Sorry, Bears Fans, Cutler Isn't the Answer.
- Rotoworld has just wrapped up their second draft mag and I highly recommend you check out Gregg Rosenthal's comments on RB ranking changes, Running Back Moves: Jacobs over LT2. Even if you never saw the initial rankings, this kind of info on changes can be very helpful for draft prep.
- More helpfulness for draft prep - FantasyMojo has been tracking some of the latest draft trends in Early July Draft Trends and Game Plan.
- Some IDP love from Football Jabber. Take a look at Jabber's Top 50 IDP Linebackers with Commentary if you're one of the lucky souls in an IDP league (individual defensive players in place of a team D/ST).
- Chris Cooley is the voice for this week's MMQB. Don't miss it.