Today is one of my favorite days - my husband's birthday. I fear that sounds exceedingly cheesy but it's true. I happen to be a birthday person; I adore birthdays, love celebrating them, love hyping them up, love everything about them. So of course the birthday of my favorite person is inevitably a grand day for me. Being that my husband (a Knoxville, TN native) is a major Peyton Manning fan, it amused me to see the Fifth Down's Why Peyton Manning isn't more revered headline today. Trust me, there's lots of Peyton reverence going on in our household.
- Sean Payton is today's MMQB voice and his comment about the Hall of Fame Game on August 9th got me thinking...will our tv (and the rest of our furniture) arrive in time for the HoF Game (I know, I might be the only person out there that actually enjoys watching the HoF Game...)? We are some of the lucky few (note the great sarcasm there) that have a 4-17 day delivery window for our possessions to make the journey from Colorado to New York. Could be a long 2 weeks...
- Ahh, the Michael Turner debate continues. Check out Advanced NFL Stats' Michael Turner in 2009. I love the conclusion that it's all a crap shoot. So true.
- Bruno Boys' 2009 Position Battles to Watch: Wide Receiver takes a look at some of the WR question marks in the league. Keep in mind these certainly aren't all WR1 battles, but they are guys that could make an impact on the fantasy scene.
- Dynasty owners are you looking for some rankings to help you make any decisions on who to keep, who to drop? See what Fantasy Football Trader has to say in their 2009 Dynasty Rankings.
- Rotoworld highlights some of their WR ranking moves in the second edition of their draft mag.
- Hatty Waiver Wire Guru's latest article, Strength of Schedule Impact, outlines teams with some of the best and worst schedules this season - just a little something else to keep in mind come draft day!
- FantasyPros911 has an interesting take on the FF handcuff in Fantasy Football's Handcuff Only Ties Your Hands - I'm not sure they used the best examples (no one is possibly considering Jim Sorgi as their QB2) but I do think that sometimes it's worth really thinking about a handcuff before snagging that guy over another player/sleeper with potentially more talent.