So I actually had non-football related plans yesterday - can you believe it? A Sunday with social engagements that had nothing to do with football?! Outrageous. The end result of hanging out with friends on a Sunday means that I didn't catch quite a few of the games yesterday. I'm scoping out Football Outsider's Audibles at the Line: Week 10 since it's probably my favorite game recap out there. If you also found yourself doing non-football activities and need an update, check it out.
In other fantasy news, if Frank Gore goes for 29 or fewer points tonight I will have triumphed over my nemesis. Couldn't be happier about that but I'm aware that every once in awhile Gore just goes off and puts up crazy numbers. Cardinals defense, please don't let that happen tonight.
Onto some waiver wire links and other helpful advice to get your team in top shape for the playoffs:
- Fantasy Sharks' On the Rise, On the Fall - the Sharks and I both called the Delhomme disaster...things were rough out there for the Carolina QB. Don't fret though, Delhomme owners, I think everything will get sorted out and he'll be a solid start against Detroit next weekend.
- The Goat has some great suggestions in FF Sleeper and Waiver Wire Watch Week 11 - I'm liking the Thigpen call here. I was thinking Thigpen was just a temporary measure for desperate fantasy owners with the nice matchup against SD's weak pass defense yesterday, but the Goat points out that KC has a pretty sweet schedule for the next few weeks. Maybe it's time to start considering Thigpen as an every week kind of guy?
- NFL.com offers up ten players that you might want to target off the waiver wire in Thipgpen continues to shine for Chiefs; Hasselbeck set to return. No offense Matt Hasselbeck, but I have no interest in starting you in any fantasy league for several more weeks. I'd like a little proof that everything is running like a well-oiled machine first.
- The Bruno Boys have the first of a two part list of all the waiver wire guys that are worth picking up - FF Week 10 Waiver Wire (Midseason Recap - Part 1).
- Looking for a new football news source? Considering you're here getting fantasy advice from a librarian, why not try Football news from a chick - and oh yeah, that title is trademarked. The site is updated multiple times a day with fairly in depth news.