Good morning fantasy footballers! I'm back from a weekend trip to Virginia to spend time with family and friends and am ready to roll for this short, fun Thanksgiving week.
When working on the blog here I often think about how I can give back to the community in a larger, grander way than can fit into the scope of fantasy football. And I think I've found a way. The holidays are a time to celebrate health and happiness - and December has been a month of good and bad health discoveries for my loved ones; one year a friend successfully finished his chemo treatments in December, and another year a friend discovered he had leukemia. My parents each have dear friends struggling with cancer treatments right now and I know every single one of you likely has a similar story. So this holiday season, from today through the end of December, I will be donating all proceeds from the FFLibrarian store to the American Cancer Society - so buy your loved ones all the FFLibrarian t-shirts, mugs, mouse pads, etc they can handle!
Moving on to today's links!
- There were some crazy, crazy outcomes yesterday. Seriously, the Chiefs and Raiders should be feeling pretty proud of themselves right now (no longer used to that feeling...oh, my poor Broncos). Congrats, fans, if there are even any of you left. For a recap on the games, take a look at Fantasy Hulks' Mr. Monday Morning or scope out two links from Rotoworld - their Week 11 Eyebrow Raisers for a quick jolt of stats or Beyond the Box Score.
- Or take a look at MMQB's nod to Matthew Stafford's impressive last play that pulled the Lions ahead of the Browns.
- I love a good analysis of downs and decision making - Advanced NFL Stats has an interesting perspective in Offenses Run Too Often on 1st Down.
- Waiver wire time, friends:
- The Hazean's Early Week 12 Waiver Wire Thoughts
- ProFootballWeekly.com's Fantasy Ticker: Week 12
- FootballDocs' Waiver Wire
- Lester's Legends' Get 'em or Don't Sweat 'em
- Bruno Boys' Cut Them Loose or Pick Them Up
- Fantasy Phenoms' Searching the Scrap Heap
- If you're in need of IDP thoughts, take a look at Monk's IDP Waiver Wire Pick Ups