Did you all know that the Panthers are the only team that has never defeated the Dolphins? Wow. Perhaps those of you who live in a land where your cable company and the NFL Network can agree upon viewing terms did know that, perhaps heard your announcers talk of this stat. But since I can't stand to "watch" the game on NFL.com (there's no watching, it's like an extended painful halftime where every once in a while you're taken to a brief clip of the game), I ended up bailing on most of the game. In the future I'm thinking of switching to Westwood One's broadcast of Thursday Night games.
So I'm headed home to Arlington, Virginia, this afternoon via the fancy wifi bus. It's cheap, it's relatively fast, and it's got wifi and plug ins. What could be better? So I'll probably try and catch up on emails and such this afternoon but might not have a ton of time to answer any other start/sit or trade questions this weekend since I'll be living it up with the fam and friends. Can't wait, will be good to be home.
Let's get to today's links:
- First up I've got a new article for you guys this week, penned by a friend of my sister's at the Boston Globe. Though frankly I'm learning that everyone is a friend of my sister's - seriously, she's the most social butterfly the world has ever known and I guarantee at least half of you readers are somehow connected to my sister. Forget Kevin Bacon, try six degrees of Katie. Back to the actual link - Titan runs up the points has a handy look at three players moving up and three players moving down in the fantasy world. While I'm sad to see my dear Broncos make the "three down" list, I'm hoping Ed is right on the Marion Barber front...
- If you'd like to feel educated and entertained about this week's matchups then look no further than the Fifth Down's Week 11 NFL Matchups, written by Football Outsiders' Mike Tanier.
- We've got rankings from Mr. Fantasy by position - this link goes to QB.
- Time for this week's roundtable discussions among my favorite bloggers and FF writers:
- BigTroph has thoughts from lots of sharp minds on this week's sleepers and busts - good stuff here.
- Junkyard Jake hosts the blogger roundtable this week, discussing which players have been the biggest disappointments so far and what lessons have been learned for the 2010 season.
- It's almost hard to believe there could be more start/sit links since I feel like I've just been posting them for days, but here you go!
- Bruno Boys' Start Ems
- Talented Mr. Roto's Love/Hate: Requiem for 'Remote Control' (bonus video starts right away)
- FFGeekBlog's Hits & Misses - Week 11: Playoffs approaching
- The Hazean's Week 11 Start & Sit: Injuries Steal the Fantasy Spotlight
- CBSSports.com's Start 'Em and Sit 'Em
- Fighting Chance Fantasy's Who to Start, Who to Sit
- NFL.com's Start 'Em & Sit 'Em
- RotoExperts.com/SI's Who to start, who to sit
- With so many injuries out there right now, your best place to go these days for updates is Stephania Bell's injury blog on ESPN.
- A few days ago I mentioned that there's a contest on the BWW All-Star Blogger League for a $50 gift card to Buffalo Wild Wings. I need the most comments from you all on my posts in order to win that gift card (see more details in my post earlier this week), so swing on by my post today to leave a comment and become eligible for that gift card. And this will happen every week until December 31st! How awesome is that?