I don't normally post on the weekends very often but my friends we have a momentous occasion on our hands: my Northwestern Wildcats beat the #4 ranked Iowa Hawkeyes. Now if you're not a college football fan, just humor me on this one. It was unbelievable; a beautiful, beautiful thing. There's lots of yammering on about Iowa's QB Stanzi getting injured and going out for the game and hey, read between the lines, that's why Northwestern won...but no word at all on the fact that Northwestern's starting QB played through an injured hamstring (injured last week against Penn State, whom we were beating for awhile), was replaced by our backup QB who then got injured himself, forcing the starting QB to come back in - not exactly an ideal situation. But the 'Cats can clearly bring it when needed with or without our starting QB. Fan freaking tastic. Now that I'm done thoroughly gloating and ensuring that Iowa alum Andy Behrens from Yahoo/Roto Arcade will never link to me again, let's get to today's fantasy links...
- We've got Week 9 Rankings and Projections from Fantasy Phenoms - this link will take you to QBs but you can find info for all offensive skill positions.
- If you're looking for more Week 9 rankings, hit up one of my favorite sites: Rotoworld. Seriously if I was on a desert island and could only bring one FF site with me, after bawling my eyes out since a future with just one FF site seems like no future at all, I'd probably pick Rotoworld.
- GoGameFace has pulled together something that's right up my alley - a ranking of defenses based on fantasy points allowed to each position. Add in a little chart with Week 13-17 playoffs schedules and you're all set to do some trades or lineup tweaks.
- Heads up, Moats is getting the start over Slaton this week. I certainly think that gives you reason to start Moats in a flex spot but be prepared for the inevitable uncertainty there about Slaton's role.
- Finally, IDPers who want some last minute advice, head on over to FantasySharks.com's The Hive.