Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, full of family, friends, and football. Yesterday morning we woke up kind of early to see the Thanksgiving Day parade - despite the crowds it was still a pretty good time and definitely something I think we had to do as NYCers. I was digging the Snoopy balloon the most, I think, though Kermit was a classic. Meanwhile the children near us didn't recognize the smurf balloon. What kind of generation are we raising that doesn't know what a smurf is? Amazing.
Anyway, we ran home to get the turkey in the oven and all the other tasty treats going. We had just one friend join us and thankfully she did put up with the copious amounts of football we watched. Which of course leads me to my Broncos winning against the Giants last night - the Broncos defense was looking tremendous again, particularly the secondary, and I'm psyched to see how the rest of the season plays out.
With so much going on yesterday, I took a break from all things FFLibrarian, but I'm back and better than ever today, ready to post tons of links. So let's get to it!
- Scope out this week's start/sit links:
- SI/RotoExperts' Dear Diary: Sit/Start
- NFL.com's Start 'Em & Sit 'Em
- Pyromaniac.com's Start 'em Sit 'em
- FFGoat's Start Em, Sit Em and Sleepers Week 12
- CBSSports.com's Start 'em & Sit 'em video
- FFNerd's Week 12 Where to Put 'Em
- 12StepDrop's Contentious Starts and Sits: Week 12
- USAToday/Fantasy Joe's Studs, duds and sleepers
- Fighting Chance Fantasy's Who to Start, Who to Sit
- Bruno Boys' Start Ems
- FFXtreme's Start and Bench Advice: Week 12
- Junkyard Jake's Sleepers/Creepers
- Yahoo's Roto Arcade gets the most clever headline award - Flames/Lames: Tampa potatoes meet Snelling, masher, Turner?
- Fantasy Phenoms' Week 12 Starts and Sits
- Mac Bros have your Week 12 Start/Sit Rankings up, so scope em out!
- The Fifth Down's Week 12 in Fantasy Football Matchups is up (with my top 3 links for the week) - if you've got start/sit questions, this is a great place to go. Another great link from the Fifth Down is Mike Tanier's Week 12 NFL Matchups, a can't-miss article in my book.
- Also up is my weekly column for the Bruno Boys - I took a look at kickers that you might want to focus on for Weeks 12-16. I know, kickers aren't that important. But really they are - everyone is - when you get to this point in the season. So if you're in need of a new kicker, take a look at the historically successful path to being a top 5 kicker at this point in the season.
- Wondering whose value is going up or headed down? See what The Sports Outlaw has to say in Ballin' or Fallin' - Week 12.
- The Lead Pipe Lock has two fantastic articles up - tons of research went into these, which you guys know I love. First up, a look at DST trends over the past 5 weeks as compared to the whole season, and what that means for your playoffs lineups. Also, some Week 16 replacements for any studs that might sit that week.
Many of you submitted a note to the Buffalo Wild Wings All-Star Blogger League website and with your help FFLibrarian pulled out the win last week for the $50 gift card! Our big winner was John, who will be receiving his $50 gift card to BWW in the next week or so. This weekly contest runs every week until the end of December so get the details here and head on over to my post at BWW to comment and get a chance to win that $50 gift card (there's some good competition already this week!).
Also on a housekeeping note, remember to submit your votes for the 1st Annual FFLibrarian Readers' Choice poll by November 30. The poll results will be published next week. Also, any proceeds from purchases at the FFLibrarian store before the end of December will be donated to the American Cancer Society.