My grandfather has always been one to immediately ask about the weather when we talk on the phone. I used to chalk this up as an endearing old man question but turns out, I think he really wants to know - and strangely enough, so do I. Yes, I actually want to hear about his weather in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I think he might have passed along an odd weather gene, which regular readers here might have picked up on long ago. I talk about my weather with some regularity, which might just make me an old lady weather librarian type but hey, I eventually get to the fantasy football, right? And today is no exception...time for my weather rant.
When I started telling people that I was moving from Boulder to NYC one of the first things I inevitably heard was, oh you are going to miss the sunshine. I laughed and thought, sure but I've lived through fun weather before like the cold, frosty winds of Chicago and the oppressive humidity of Washington, DC. Lack of sunshine? That will be a piece of cake, I can handle it. But I miss the sun like you wouldn't believe. In Boulder, it could be the middle of winter but the sun would be out, making everything a little bit better. I should do an ad for the awesomeness of Colorado or something as I feel my freckles fading away, never to reemerge in this new land of clouds. As one who has always had to lather on the SPF, I've rarely found myself lounging in the sun for the heck of it but trust me, at this rate soon you'll find me sunning on street corners.
The bonus to this gray, cloudy day here in NYC is that Thursday Night Football is ON! Let's get to today's links:
- We're at a point in the season where you can't really afford to mess up - so KFFL.com's got your Week 10 busts by position (links to RBs).
- Or if it's Week 10 lineup advice you're in the market for, take a look at the Fifth Down's Week 10 in Fantasy Football Matchups. You can find my top 3 links for the week in there, too!
- Those that read my Bruno Boys column might remember the article I did back in August on the riskiest players of this year's fantasy draft. This week I did a follow-up article to see how those risky picks have played out so far.
- Wondering about the teams that might have the worst schedules during the fantasy playoffs? See what Rotoworld has to say.
- More on the playoffs note, Rookie Blitz has a look at backup running backs that could lead you to success down the stretch in Running Down the Fantasy Football Playoffs.
- Lots of start/sit links out today with the TNF game on...if I can I'll do a double post today if I'm seeing more start/sits coming out:
- Rapid Draft's Start Em/Bench Em Report
- The Hazean has start/sit advice specific to tonight's game
- FFToolbox's Sit 'Em and Start 'Em
- Pyromaniac.com's Start 'em - Sit 'em
- 12StepDrop's Contentious Starts and Sits: Week 10
- If you're looking for a start/sit that approaches the week in a slightly new way, try Top Fantasy Football's Start-Sit WR Rankings: Enter at your own risk (links to other positions at bottom of page).
- FFGoat's Start em, Sit em and Sleepers
- Some rankings for Week 10:
- KFFL.com has a nice set of articles looking at this week's matchups based on fantasy defenses and points/stats allowed against each position - the fantasy defense rankings used go back for the past 4 weeks.